Hearing Aids

Smokeydk

Re: Hearing Aids

Post by Smokeydk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 pm

I have been wearing all types of HA....last 12 years..behind ears..inner ear..most inner ear ones were hard to balance ...used to walk into door frames....eat meals ..jaw hurt...etc....now for last 12 months I have actually been wearing mine all day.....they have a soft cup on end of tube ...batteries last about 10 days

I'm 70% hearing loss...mostly high Freq .....I dont hear birds or smoke alarms or traffic indicators or Mob phone ringing ......this is what I now wear

http://www.sonici.com/Sonic/Sonic-produ ... /Flip.aspx
Just get out there and enjoy

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com.au/

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:52 am

nsgnomad wrote:
masterplumber wrote:
One of the daughters is a Cosco member so I will check them out, but wonder if they might be like the Shell Shop reading glasses.

Gerry
Gerry, not at all, they are quite sophisticated and they do have 3 other makes to consider at higher but still competitive pricing. Would be worth you googling Kirkland signature series 7 and then going to have a talk with the staff at North Lakes. As I said, the service is great. I have no affilliation, just a satisfied customer.
Thanks,

Checked their web site and they do look like a professional outfit.
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Well, have had my Costco Hearing Aids for a couple of months now and am quite happy with them.

Even bought the Compilot, that has a base station wired to the TV and a bluetooth remote that I hang around my neck.

Now when Mrs decides to make phone calls during the news, I just up the volume to my HAs.

Unfortunately despite several decades with MBF/BUPA no contribution. Level of extras not high enough.

Have changed to Defence Health and have to serve a waiting period of 12 months. Thought about waiting 12 months but decuded to bite the bullet.

However, talk about big brother.

During my checkup the bloke at Costco could tell me the average time per day that I was wearing the HAs. How much streaming I had done. How much time I spend in a car, and a few things that I have forgotten.

Dam things must have some computing power.
Regards
Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:27 am

Maybe not applicable but there are ways to get a set for free. Just go and tell them that it is industrial deafness and you have a good chance.

A fellow I met was saying about how he did it and the company could do nothing.
He had worked for them for 10 years and was a bit deaf. They could not deny he had worked for them in a factory (fitting and Turning.
He had the proof of deafness, they had no proof he didn't get deaf in their plant.

The company had no regime of testing as they should have. You see if you test each employee upon hiring, you have a base of their hearing level to begin with. Otherwise a worker has the judgment.

Considering that many folk worked in noisy environsn industrial deafness may be a major cause of deafness.

I am not being critical here but the whole trouble with the deal was that the bloke hates the HA and won't wear it. :) Easy to throw away OPS money Hey!

The good news is that we the taxpayer eventually pay as a company loss comes off their taxes. :)

But that is no different to a pensioner getting medical aid any way.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Hopefully OH&S wasn't involved in any way with that blokes claim Paul.
If they were chances are good it may cost the business dearly in new training and safety regimes demanded by OH&S. :???:
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:26 pm

I was a saftey rep with OH&S as I was a manager of many sites myself. But not privvy in this case as not involved in the behind closed door buis.

But yes there would be plans in place after the event. The medics do what is required to the complainant and once proved a noisy rated plant, the arguement over who pays is down the track.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Men's Health”