Old Techo

Old Techo

Re: Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:49 pm

A bit more info for those facing future hernia or like surgery.

I took my quota of pain killers (8 Forte) yesterday with the last pill at bedtime (2200). I didn't take any more through the night. Rolling over is the biggest strain and was hard work the first night even with pills.

Awoke (for the last time) around 0530 feeling pretty good but it did hurt when I moved about too much in bed. So I took 2 Forte pain killers at 0600 to assist with showering, drying, dressing, etc before 0700. From that point I took no more pills and managed the day pretty well. I thought that a good outcome to not need any pain killers a day and a half after surgery. Of course I have to move carefully and not strain the stitches.

We will see what tomorrow brings. It will be quite a while before I can chop wood again :lol:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Yeah, a good outcome for you mate, hopefully others will fare just as well if they need similar ops.

Put on a slab and a barbie and we'll come and cut ya wood for winter :mrgreen:

geoff&glen

Post by geoff&glen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Good to see how you managed the pain not looking forward to having a knee replacement in a couple of months 1 at a time going to slow us down for a couple of months no caravaning
Geoff&Glen
2013 Isuzu d max
2014 Jurgens Tooradin j26 series

Lance

Post by Lance » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Well, there ya go, another topic.
Geoff, I may be in the same boat in a coupla years and I doubt I'm the only one here.
How about a new thread on Knee issues.
I reckon quite a few here would be interested in your experiences and a few would probably be happy to share their own.

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Another update....

On Monday I had my hernia operation and from Wednesday morn took no more pain killers.

Today (Friday) I was moving fairly freely, but slowly, and decided to do some weed spraying. I mixed about 50 litres of Roundup and using the old grey Fergie carted it about on the rear, and with a 50 foot hose sprayed for nearly 2 hours. On/off the tractor a number of times to move it and walking about with the hose. No straining and all at a cautious and gentle pace in the nice sunshine.

That was 6 hours ago and no ill effects. No signs of any new weepage through the now 5 day old dressing. That is due to come off on Monday and all will be revealed. I'm not too keen to look so Mrs OT may have that job.

So it looks like these hernia ops are not too life constraining in the early recovery phase.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Good effort OT.
The docs favorite line to me was "Your body will tell you what is too much"
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Men's Health”