View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Electrical work 

Post Electrical work
Hi all, we are going to hit the road and find work along the way, I have an electrical licence but not a contractors licence.
I was told that if you are employed by someone that it was ok to do electrical work for them even though I do not have the contractors licence.
Apparently, even if your employer is not in the electrical business you are still legally able to carry out electrical work for them.

Can any travelling electricians confirm this for me, I don’t want to do electrical work unless it is legal.

I have a Queensland electrical licence, but I imagine the rules would be similar in other states.

Can anyone assist or advise

Regards
Rob.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 am

Post Re: Electrical work
Rob,
If you are employed be some one you can do work on their equipment and you own. But you can not do work for some one else. IE your employer can’t send you down the road to work on some one else’s equipment. You must me employed by them and not contracted by them.
Sid

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Post Re: Electrical work
Further to my previous post the definition of employed should be considered. If you are employed just to do a specific task than you are contracting. You must be a full time employee of the company.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]