Message From Fred: We Want Your Input For 2012!

Info and Announcements for the C&M Team
Catherine_89

Re: Message From Fred: We Want Your Input For 2012!

Post by Catherine_89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:20 am

countrymum wrote:Hi Fred
I havent made it to Tassie yet but Im looking forward to your next set of DVDs. I have just finished watching the Darling River - Lightning Ridge - Longreach - Winton series and have penciled in a trip for next Spring following your lead. Thanks for the great tips and inspiring places to visit. I especially like the interviews with fellow travellers and their tips for free camping and the benefits they have gained. Keep up the good work. Safe Travels.
Vanessa
Hi Vanessa,

I was pleased to find that you're planning to visit the Darling River/ Lightning Ridge/Longreach/Winton next Spring. What a beautiful time in the outback, I'm sure you'll love it!

If you want the best information and Lightning Ridge, contact Peter Driscoll who is a tour operator there. The info centre should have his details.

Regards

Fred

Catherine_89

Post by Catherine_89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:28 am

gdalton wrote:Hi Fred.
When you are reviewing free camps and caravan parks can you include if they are pet friendly. A number of us do travel with our 4 legged friends

GD
Hi,

I appreciate your comment about man's best friend and will include 'pet friendly' places wherever possible. There's a really beaut place at Nabiac NSW; it's the National Motorcycle Museum and they welcome you to bring your pets of the leash. You'll find then 28km south of Taree on the Pacific Highway or about 1.5 hours north of Newcastle NSW. You can park your van there. Yes, Im a pet lover too

Regards

Fred

Catherine_89

Post by Catherine_89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:53 am

dieseltojo wrote:Hi Fred,
Last time I went to Tassie was when the Sick Cat was running, and it sure lived up to its nick name. Launceston can keep you busy for a few days mate.
I know that we will have a few members in Tassie around your visiting time, and we will be there early March probably miss you. Love the DVDs
Hi,

Noticed you've got a 2004 Toyota 100 series auto TD which is probably the best Toyota had made.

Sorry we will miss you as we should be back in NSW at the end of February.

If I can help with my experiences in Tassie, please contact me.

Regards

Fred

Catherine_89

Post by Catherine_89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 am

JayDee wrote:On our trip to Tassie last year, we did not like the Caravan Parks standards. As for Free camping sites, well worth a look at Dianne Basin Cosy Corner and others around Bay of fires in the St. Helens region.
Also very wrapped in the Myrtle Park east of Launceston.
Jay&Dee
Hi,

Noted your comments about caravan parks so I'll keep a close watch on them. Thanks for the tip about Diana Bain Cosy Corner free campsite. We'll be visiting St Helens and Bay of Fires. Must check out Myrtle Park if we can.

Regards

Fred

Catherine_89

Post by Catherine_89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:59 am

blackmo wrote:Fred
I am certain that a lot of vanners would like to know about taking the van on the ship, removal of gas bottles, turning the fridge off, cost of the trip etc.
I agree with a lot of the comments about your layback style of interviewing and more information about the areas you have visited.
Peter
Hi,

We'll be mentioning Spirit of Tasmania regulations for RVers plus places to stay near Port Melbourne and Devonport. Appreciate your comments.

Regards

Fred

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:30 pm

G'day Fred,

I'm a tad confused. Should I really call you Fred, Mr Wright, Catherine or Agent 89? :???: :mrgreen:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

samoman67

Post by samoman67 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Fred,
will be looking forward to your DVD on Tassie as we haven't been yet, were supposed to go in Nov last year, but I'm waiting on surgery so had to cancel.
Would love to see you visit a lot of free camps, and also reprt on places that accept our four legged family members too would be great.
A visit to Cascade or Boags breweries is supposed to be great, also to the bloke who brews whiskey made from what the Tassie bush provides. Now if you like seafood as we do then there is a place south of Hobart that apparently sells scallop pies that are to die for.
Looking forward to your visit there, and we hope to get there one day and addit to our travel blog. Keep up the good work.
Dave & Jules

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Old Techo wrote:G'day Fred,

I'm a tad confused. Should I really call you Fred, Mr Wright, Catherine or Agent 89? :???: :mrgreen:

Hi OT. I thought we were in the joke thread, Fred is probably a fairy princess. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Catherine_89

Post by Catherine_89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Old Techo wrote:G'day Fred,

G'day,

Because I'm on the road so much and don't have easy access to a computer, I get a staff member back in the office to post my messages for me, so why not just keep calling me Fred for now, although Agent 89 does have a nice ring to it!

Cheers

Fred

Fred W

Post by Fred W » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:23 pm

jock wrote:Yeah Fred!
Go to the wood carvers attraction on the Bass Hgy. near the Stanley turn off. Apart from the great wood carvings etc. on show, they'll sell you a bag of dirt for $15.00 guaranteed to contain saphires. They've got outside benches where you can pick thru them.
Something different. :razz:

Jock :razz:
Hi,

Appreciate 'something different' suggestion about the wood carvers. Comments like yours are what we're after.

Regards

Fred

Return to “From the C&M Team”