View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Message From Fred: We Want Your Input For 2012! 

Post Re: Message From Fred: We Want Your Input For 2012!
Motherhen wrote:
Hi Fred, and what a wonderful place to research and make DVDs of - i look forward to that. While my travelogues for Tasmania are only still in brief while i concentrate on more recent trips, you can check our our 2006 Tasmanian tour under travelogues on my website to read about both the high profile tourist attractions and the out of the way places we found; usually on the advice of locals.

To see a bit of everything we did a double loop; touring the north coast, west coast to Strahan, Queenstown to Hobart, the southern tip, along the north coast, south via the historic midlands, then north again through the central mountains.

Hi,

It sound like you had a great time in Tassie-whish I had much more time-say 6 moths or so, but sadly such is not the case. I'm chasing locals too for those special places. Thanks for the tip!

Regards

Fred

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm

BennyT50 wrote:
Fredm

I hope you are going to keep the same format you have done with the latest series through outback NSW and Qld.

You spent plenty of time in the one place and showed us all what there was to see in that area. I personally found this format to be more to my liking.

Can't wait to see you Tassie ones

BennyT50

Hi,

Thanks for your input. We favour the idea of spending as much time as possible in one place as you correctly say, that's what most vanners do. However, we are always looking for relevant stories, ususual 'gems', quaint places and the best free camping sites, hence must keep on the move.

Our Tassie trip will feature three basic areas and we'll try to limit travel as much as possible.

Thanks for your comments-keep them coming.

Regards

Fred

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Chonga wrote:
Hi Fred,

Surely C&M's budget could stretch to a new hat!!!!

Cheers CHONGA

Yes, what's to become of the hat? Some people have suggested a new hat and a new frontal lobe at the same time. The old Akubra's been a constant companion for years and years; rain, hail or heat wave. Let me know what you think of DVD 171 at Kempsey where we visit the Akubra factory.

Regards
Fred

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:41 pm

jessdogster wrote:
Hi Fred
I've sent an email
regards
Jdog

Hi,

Much appreciated! Thanks for your time and effort. We love receiving your input

Regards

Fred

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Jeez Fred - DVD 171. You are well ahead of the general release to the public. It won't be out for a few months, as the current one I have is #167 Winton.

BennyT50

Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Hey Fred, you must be ultra special as the Akubra factory is not generally open to tourists, or even those of us who live in the district. Good on you for getting a sneak look behind the gates.

2009 Ford Territory AWD,
2003 Compass Tandem full height
via Kempsey, NSW

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:13 pm

there is a place called the Blue Tier in the north east towards St Helens. There is a Goblin Forest Walk and it is amazing.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3