Thank You

Info and Announcements for the C&M Team
Shaggy Dog

Re: Thank You

Post by Shaggy Dog » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:44 am

Jock,

I expect the inner workings of the Magazine(s) would be seen by those in power as none of our business.
The entitlements of Forum members are few or none when it comes to how the company conducts its internal business affairs.
The Forum is good publicity and helps sell magazines when it is working well and that is about it I reckon.

Enjoying our little part in the enterprise is what it's all about. Leave all the machinations of running a business to those responsible.

Take it easy.

SD
Let's do a three sixty and get out of here !

South East Coast Westoz

LeanneTomkins

Post by LeanneTomkins » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:24 am

Hi all,

While it is some regret that Simon is no longer with us, we all know what a huge contribution he made to the mag and the forum, and I know his efforts will continue to be felt among the Caravan & Motorhome staff. The parting was amicable and all of us here wish him well in his future endeavours – I’m sure I’ll see you on the road out there Simon!

As for the future of the magazine, Fred Wright - who you all know is out there living the lifestyle for over six months of the year to bring you the RVing best tips and destinations - is the new editor of C&M. He speaks to you all out on the road and has his finger on the pulse of what RVers want, so the future of C&M is in very good hands!

Ultimately, Caravan & Motorhome is here for you - so please keep your suggestions, tips, letters and photos of your good times coming! You really have made C&M what it is today, and we look forward to your continued help to make it even better.

To that end, we are looking for two more staff members to joing us here in the Sydney office - one editorial assistant and one feature writer. So if you or anyone you know has a passion for RVing and publishing, and would love to help us grow C&M in these exicitng times, please send your details to [email protected] - Everyone is welcome to apply!

Similarly, we are always looking for RVers to contribute stories to the mag - travel articles, festival articles and more. So, if you love travelling in your RV, enjoy writing, and can take a good photo, why not make a bit of cash while you're on the road by freelancing for us? Again, you can email me at [email protected] for the details.

I hope this news sits well with you all. We really are working hard to make C&M the best it can be.

Cheers,
Leanne Tomkins

C&M Production Editor
[email protected]

Tripping Away

Post by Tripping Away » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:35 am

Leanne,
Although sorry to see Simon leave, I am pleased that Fred has taken his place.

It is the way of the world now, no-one stays in a job for a long time anymore. When opportunity knocks, open the door!!

Good Luck Simon & Fred in your new endevours.

Tripping Away

jock

Post by jock » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Yeah.!! Dont mind being wrong ,... Glad to see that it was amicable. Just seems strange that Simon was in that position for such a short time.
Be interesting to see if Fred turns the Forum upside down again to get it to his liking.
Best of luck to both Simon and Fred.

Jock :)

Return to “From the C&M Team”