All the best...... :neutral:

Dave
Just get out there and enjoy

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com.au/

uncle phil

Re: Thank You

Post by uncle phil » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Wow this is a surprise.
After what you have done for the mag and forum as well as other areas of the caravan world the last few months have been outstanding.
Having met you and spent five days filming a DVD in tassie, i can understand what you have achieved could only be done by a person of your nature.

Good luck in your new venture, and hope to park next to you one day soon.

Thanks Phil and Rose.

oneday

Post by oneday » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Sambob wrote:Hi all, it is with some sadness that I must tell you that I am moving on from being Editor of C&M; it has been a wonderful and challenging time to be part of Australia’s premier RV magazine.

Thank you all for your support and your contributions that have made a great magazine even better. We, the team at C&M, could not have done it without you.
To the C&M team who work extremely hard to put the mag together, writers, photographers, production & design personnel, and the DVD team, it has been a pleasure to work with you all.

I would like to thank EMG for the opportunity of progressing from photographer to photojournalist and onto Editor.

Change is not always bad or sad; in fact most of the best successes come from change.

I look forward to pursing my passion for travel & RV photojournalism and look forward to catching up with you all on the road somewhere.

I would like wish the very best future success to EMG and its titles.

And finally, the very best wishes to you all.

Thank you and Happy Travels!
Simon does this mean our Darling River run adventure is now dead in the water :(

Lyn & I wish you the best in the future & will always remember the time we spent on the Murray River at the beginning of this year.

Keep in touch & hope to cross your path on the road one day & the mag is losing a great part of their team.

Cheers Lyn & Phil.
Lyn & Phil,
23'6" Retreat Magnetic Platinum + LC200 TTD

jessdogster

Post by jessdogster » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Sad to hear you are leaving Simon.
All the best for the future
regards
Jdog

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Sambob wrote:Thanks guys.. appreciate it.

I also posted on CF but they deleted the post (bit confused by that)

Anyway, onward and upward :lol:
Nope, still there,
http://www.caravanersforum.com/viewtopi ... 55&t=21412
though I'm just lookin' ATM they've pi$$ed me off, so I logged off in protest, just my little dummy spit.
Frank

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:47 am

Lance explained that 2 admins were working at the same time and there were duplicate posts and each admin deleted one of the 2 posts, so both went of course. Then later they reinstated Simon's post when made aware of their error.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

jock

Post by jock » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:27 am

Hmmm!..!!
Just had a thought....
A few days ago, in another series of posts in 'Your Say' thread...there was a rather perplexing series of posts sparked by a comment made in Rob. & Marg's article in the mag. Wont go into details as dont want to stir that particular issue up again. HOWEVER...on 5th Nov. nimdA (moderator) stepped in (on behalf of management) and warned that, despite only being a moderator, He/She would take action if the 'argy-bargy' continued...His/Her post finished by saying that any further posts directed to management be given a fair period of grace. "Management is presently dealing with other recent issues so please be patient"

Do I detect that Simon's sudden departure may not have been amicable?
Bearing in mind that the mag has had other problems in the past with contributors and staff disagreements....Is there a problem that Simon has opened up the mag to too much criticism etc...Are the major advertisers 'jacking up'........Am I reading too much into the reasons for Simon's Departure after such a short time in office....Very strange..
As subscribers and potential subscribers and readers I reckon that the sudden departure of the Editor, entles us to some sort of honest comment from management.

Jock :neutral:

jock

Post by jock » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:05 am

Knock Knock!!!//// Tap Tap!!.......Hello in there...Anybody Home??? Hello!!!!

Jock :rolleyes: :roll:

rainy

Post by rainy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:17 am

they probably wont answer jock and if they do I doubt you would hear the whole story
1991 80series landcruiser 4.2 diesel
18'6 paramount classic caravan

rosco

Post by rosco » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:22 am

Got a feeling Jock's onto something here.

Simon, would be good if you could pop in sometime in the future and let us know where you are. I kinda suspect C&M wouldnt approve of that though.

You will be missed.

All the best.

Ross

Return to “From the C&M Team”