Campers Almanac

Chat to fellow Rvers about general topics
clydecolin

Campers Almanac

Post by clydecolin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Hey Forum-users and RV-lovers,

Here is a great link for people touring our beautiful country.

I believe it could be of great benefit to many forum users, so I have agreed to post this thread. The provider is paying nothing for this and the ones who stand to benefit are you.

I hope it is informative. Please feel free to post comments.

http://www.campersalmanac.com

gggggggg

Thank you

Post by gggggggg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for that Clyde, I have already seen a spike in usage since you posted this.

After a few months on the road, and my wife sick of my complaining about all the different locations you have to go to get information on the different camp types about, she told me to fix the problem and stop complaining. So I set out to learn how to write web sites, and came up with www.campersalmanac.com .

The idea behind the site is that its a community driven site that is free from advertising and other things that get inthe way, and just gives you what you need to get the most available information you can about a possible camp site.

You can get anything, from Free Camps, Caravan Parks, Rest Stops, showgrounds and more. With information about anything you can want, all supplimented with Photos and Reviews. But as I said, this is a community driven site, I can build it, and change it if required, but its up to everyone to help make the database as rich as possible, for the good of everyone.

If there is anything at all about the site that does not work the way you like, or you want added/tweaked please feel free to leave me a message. I have along list of requests at the moment, but happy to add more. My plan is to be as open with people as possible, so if you want anything, let me know.

So please take a look, and let me know what you think.

http://www.campersalmanac.com

You do not need to create yourself a profile or login to use the site, but if you do, you get a profile page created like this.
http://www.campersalmanac.com/profile/p ... onandterry

And hay, if you see me travelling around, always happy for a chat, I am about 11 months into a trip around Australia, and getting close to half way I think. Travelling with the misses and our 2.5 year old. Getting ready to head down the west coast.

Thank you
Greg

BandB

Post by BandB » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Thanks for the link. I've ad a play around and will go back to explore!
Bill & Bev
Prado D4D towing
Windsor Royale RC 658S

http://www.travellerschat.proboards.com/index.cgi

Mally

Mally

Post by Mally » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:26 am

Tried using campers almanac but cannot understand what are the colored numbers all over the map signify. Orange blue and red????????

gggggggg

Markers

Post by gggggggg » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:05 am

Mally wrote:Tried using campers almanac but cannot understand what are the colored numbers all over the map signify. Orange blue and red????????

Hello, they are clusters/groups of markers. i.e. instead of showing 500 markers where there are camp sites, it shows one Red cluster with the number 500 in it. When you click on it, it zooms in, and you can see all the sub clusters, you continue this until you get to the zooomed in level you want to see camp sites for. Basically it makes for a faster experiance.

Then when you see the little tear drop markers, you can click on them and see info about that site. And them if you want more info you click the camp name, or hover your mouse over the images.

Hope this helps. I am in the middle of doing a help page at the moment.

Greg
[size=84]Greg[/size]
[size=84]Campers Almanac - [/size][url=http://forum.candm.com.au/showthread.php?t=6476][size=84]Forum Link[/size][/url]

K&FT

Re: Campers Almanac

Post by K&FT » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:55 pm

G'day Greg,
great site, well done.
I have registered and had a play.

I will certainly recommend this to fellow caravanners

frank
Avagoodday
Kath & Frank

30+ years maintaining Electrical/Security/Duress/Voice/Data systems in Public hospitals. retired to go caravanning for much of the year.

Debdee

Post by Debdee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi there! Just had a quick look at the site ... have I got this right; - we can contribute with locations of caravan parks, free camps, dump points etc., ... photos and reviews? Just by registering? :?:

gggggggg

Post by gggggggg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:21 pm

sorry for the late reply, I have been developing some nice updates around a trip planner.

Yes, thats the plan, everyone can update and help make the content better for all.

You dont need to register if you dont want, but registering allows you access to a user profile, which lets you also track places you have visited and soon use the trip planner, and do some other nice things, like set the GPS Cord typw you like, miles/km etc.

Ray & Bev

Post by Ray & Bev » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Clyde, as others I have had a look at the site and added it to my favorites, have also registered, as I see it if others help update and contribute info it will be a very informative site while on the road.

Smokeydk

Post by Smokeydk » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:27 am

Must be my computer.........I've looked at the Site and all I get is jumbled up words jammed in the top left corner of a dark grey screen

with the word in blue Parks half way down

What am I doing wrong??

Dave
Just get out there and enjoy

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com.au/

Return to “Travel Chat”