Info on Tasmania

Chat to fellow Rvers about general topics
Badger

Re: Info on Tasmania

Post by Badger » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:22 pm

jessdogster wrote:Also drove past the Latrobe Caravan Park at Bells Parade and it looks closed and is fenced off – for your info and update Badger.
Oops, just stumbled upon this post. After your email I checked with the park, and posted this under the listing for that park:
Park is closed from June 25th to August 31st, 2011, for upgrade to facilities. Bookings are being taken for after that period.
I just rang them and weather has delayed the improvements so the park will be re-opening at the end of September. I have changed my website update.
BADGERS Australian Caravan Park Reports
Over 9,000 reports – it’s free, no need to join. Go ahead – make your stay!
See ACPR on facebook

jessdogster

Hobart Showgrounds

Post by jessdogster » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:11 am

In the interests of those travelling to Hobart and intending to free camp…
I drove past the Hobart showgrounds yesterday and it is being levelled by earthmoving machinery. It would appear that the former trotting track is being removed.
Bunnings are apparently building a new store on the site facing the Brooker Highway – in the area previously used for van parking.
I am unsure about the future for free(?)-camping at this location but earlier reports have indicated that the van parking would be located elsewhere on the site.
When I find out more I will post
cheers
Jdog

jessdogster

Post by jessdogster » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Update following an email to the Hobart Show Society
we are still open to caravans and motorhomes and the sites have been relocated to the other side of the grounds and all facilities are still available.
We are still able to accommodate large capacities and have no plans to shut down the caravan park within the showground.

Entry to the area is the same as it always has been
cheers
Jdog

jessdogster

Relicquaire destroyed by fire

Post by jessdogster » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:35 am

… visit Relicquaire in Latrobe itself – an amazing shop with awesome coffee and fudge….

Sadly on 24/12, Relicquaire, an iconic Latrobe shop, burnt to the ground. The fire was caused by an electrical fault. This shop was huge drawcard for the town.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/361 … hes/?cs=87

jessdogster

Post by jessdogster » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:23 am

The former managers from the New Norfolk Caravan Park have now taken over Richmond Caravan Park.
They are working on clean up and have plans to re-establish this park to the jewel it once was and should be.
The park sits easy walking distance (1km) outside Richmond and is a good launching pad for the East coast if travelling from the South. Its also a good base for Hobart/Port Arthur/Southern sight-seeing if you don’t want to be jammed into the Hobart show-ground
https://www.richmondcaravanpark.com.au/

cheers
Jdog

jessdogster

Post by jessdogster » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:07 pm

Blue Wren tea gardens between Ulverstone and Penguin have now started accepting caravans.

http://bluewrenteagardens.com.au/

I can’t comment on the sites or facilities (or price :rolleyes:) but the grounds are immaculate, opposite the sea and well sheltered from wind – nice location for a base to see the local sights.

cheers
Jdog

Return to “Travel Chat”