We're off again

Chat to fellow Rvers about general topics
Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

We're off again

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sat May 13, 2017 9:55 am

G'day all,
As a lot of you know I'm in a part time job only to top up the pension I can take time off and the boss holds the job for me till I get back, I've been doing this now for 10 years but because my time off is longer than 6 weeks it "breaks" my service so I don't get long service leave, but I don't care, I still get time off

When I take time off we follow our passion which is caravanning, the van is set up for free camping and we are fully self sufficient, travelling on the pension we can't afford to stay in caravan parks all the time

This time I finish work on the 1st of June and we'll be heading off about 10-12 days later heading for the top end of Qld and making our way down to possibly as far as Sydney and I'm due back at work for the start of term 4, so we'll have about 5 months of travel

As Brenda has a chronic back injury we only travel 150-250km a day and often stop in one place for a few days for her to recoup, well be heading for broken Hill, Wilcannia then onto the Kidman highway and up inland across to Mt Isa then head for Cairns and hopefully get up to the Cape if Brenda is up to it, we'll then work our way down

I'll probably look in on here from time to time but we're depending on Optus phone coverage and Wi-Fi hotspots so don't know when or where we'll be

Might get a chance to catch up with some of you on the trip but with our travel situation it's nigh on impossible to make plans, we never book in advance anywhere as at the last minute we may have to cancel, all it takes is for Brenda to take a wrong step and we have to stop everything for 2-5 days

Anyway if you don't hear from me for a while that's why, but I will be back

Shaggy Dog

Re: We're off again

Post by Shaggy Dog » Sat May 13, 2017 10:17 am

FnB,
Have a good one.
Take it easy.
SD
Let's do a three sixty and get out of here !

South East Coast Westoz

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Sat May 13, 2017 10:59 am

We are off again too only this time it is different; the Cook Islands and in particular Rarotonga.
It is only for 5 days as from Monday; a Teaser!
Enjoy your trip Frank and Brenda.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Shaggy Dog

Post by Shaggy Dog » Sat May 13, 2017 11:09 am

Glanyard/FnB,
We are off again next week as well, but only as far as Albany, 1000K round trip, to allow a sadistic Ophthalmologist to stab me in the starboard peeper.
Take the little van and the mutts. Two nights away.
Not as flash a trip as you lot.
Take it easy.
SD

South East Coast Westoz

loub

Post by loub » Sat May 13, 2017 11:52 am

Safe travel to all.FnB ,when near to brisvagas let it be known of your location
BT50 2013 Auto 3.2 Diesel
21 Golf Linwood

Engel

Post by Engel » Sat May 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Frank & Brenda wrote: Might get a chance to catch up with some of you on the trip but with our travel situation it's nigh on impossible to make plans, we never book in advance anywhere as at the last minute we may have to cancel, all it takes is for Brenda to take a wrong step and we have to stop everything for 2-5 days

Anyway if you don't hear from me for a while that's why, but I will be back
Best way to go. We book the day before and it has worked out OK for us. We will be in outback Queensland in June and have to be in Rollingstone in July some time to stay with friends.

Jeffie

Post by Jeffie » Sun May 14, 2017 11:18 am

Us too we hope!

Set off end of April for Southern WA then up and around but only got as far as Port Augusta where the fridge broke down. Lots of heat but no cooling.
No one to fix it there, only solution offered was to go back to Adelaide and get a new one - $2500.00 plus fitting.
Did not sound to good so decided to go back home where we could get another opinion and take as much time as we needed to get it repaired.
Booked in for 16th in South Clayton who advised that they did not think a new fridge was the solution and that they will fix it that day regardless and for a lot, lot, less than the cost of a new fridge.
Once fixed we will take off again but not to WA now, just north somewhere.
Fingers crossed this time.

Jeff.
Jeff & Heather
Isuzu MU-X LST
Coronet Grand Prince.

Shaggy Dog

Post by Shaggy Dog » Sun May 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Jeffie,
That's a bummer.
You probably could have got a fix in Esperance if you were willing to travel that far without one.
Enjoy your run to the North.
Take it easy.
SD

South East Coast Westoz

jill_33

Post by jill_33 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:25 pm

That sounds like a great trip. Enjoy. Looking forward to updates

Jill

Browny_r33

Post by Browny_r33 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:28 pm

Safe travels F & B

Enjoy
Cheers