Traveling with a mid-sized dog

Chat to fellow Rvers about general topics
Murray & Anita

Re: Traveling with a mid-sized dog

Post by Murray & Anita » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 am

We travel with our two Chihuahua's and seldom have a problem. We only free-camp and have a small pen that takes less than a minute to set up.
If we go into a national park we simply put them in the van and open up the roof ventilations. As regards going into shops, in most instances we each carry one, if the shop keeper doesn't like it, simply leave, but have usually had enough time to get what we wanted - however not into grocery shops. Alternatively we just do as we do in NP's.
[font=Georgia][i]Murray & Anita[/i][/font]

jock

Post by jock » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:36 am

Murray & Anita wrote:We travel with our two Chihuahua's and seldom have a problem. We only free-camp and have a small pen that takes less than a minute to set up.
If we go into a national park we simply put them in the van and open up the roof ventilations. As regards going into shops, in most instances we each carry one, if the shop keeper doesn't like it, simply leave, but have usually had enough time to get what we wanted - however not into grocery shops. Alternatively we just do as we do in NP's.

Please explain !!! Are you saying you take them into National Parks for camping??..When you say "van"..do you mean caravan??

Jock :confused:

Murray & Anita

Post by Murray & Anita » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:22 am

Sorry Jock.
Day trips into NP's, the dogs into the caravan, roof vents and high windows open. They are good for a day like that, quite happy and no mess!

Only problem we have ever struck was in to NP's in Tasmania, where the entry signs stated no dogs, not even in a vehicle!
[font=Georgia][i]Murray & Anita[/i][/font]

Wombat96

Post by Wombat96 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:51 am

Archer63 wrote:A bit of a tussle isn't it.

Yes....no.

Wife has always said no more dogs for the reasons mentioned.....but I've always had them. Short haired whatever would be my pick. Maybe a pound dog ?
Forgot to mention...mutt soon to be desexed....finally fed up with his spraying on just about everything down stairs.

Cheers
Rob
That is my argument for female dogs, Rob. I have four (rescues and hand-me-downs) females and there is no problem with spraying, however I do get a bit terse when male dogs come around us pissing on everything!

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:53 am

Yep dogs are a pain at times. But this article is a bit of a heart warmer, and a reason for me to live and let live.
Just look at the bond between the old man and his beautiful pooch. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:24 am

dieseltojo wrote:Yep dogs are a pain at times. But this article is a bit of a heart warmer, and a reason for me to live and let live.
Just look at the bond between the old man and his beautiful pooch. :)
I am trying to read between the lines Paul, but I see nuting :confused:
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:52 pm

If only I could be sure W96 that the problem with spraying would stop the moment after tackle removal....but I have this nagging doubt that the habit has already been learned. The little one was and it didn't stop him at all :evil:
Live For Today

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Archer63 wrote:If only I could be sure W96 that the problem with spraying would stop the moment after tackle removal....but I have this nagging doubt that the habit has already been learned. The little one was and it didn't stop him at all :evil:
You're right, it is now a habit that cannot be unlearnt :???:

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Agree...think I might save my money then.
Live For Today

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Durn it, my tab didn't print this morning.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-17/s ... us/8188546
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Travel Chat”