Your Favourite drives/ routes while towing

Chat to fellow Rvers about general topics
TramcarTrev

Your Favourite drives/ routes while towing

Post by TramcarTrev » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Roads/routes you enjoy driving.

My No 1 drive has to be from Canberra to Cooma then Bombala (after morning tea at Nimmitabel bakery) thence Cann River and all stops to Portland Via the Great Ocean road and fortunately you can now get from one side of Melbourne to Geelong on a freeway which you have to pay a toll for…

Lots of side journeys along this route in Gippsland, Lakes Entrance, Marlo, Walhalla, the Great Ocean Road. It’s a lot cheaper to drive around than cross on the ferry…

From Portland home we can take a number of routes, along the Great Vanilla Slice trail, via the Golden triangle, via the Spa country ( take a full credit card though) or via the flat country…

Another very scenic drive is from Kandos to Sandy Hollow on the Bylong Valley Way http://www.bylongvalleyway.com.au/
South to North is the easiest, it’s a bit hilly but spectacular scenic's…
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

[email protected]

Re: Your Favourite drives/ routes while towing

Post by [email protected] » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:44 pm

My favourite drive while towing is the Eyre Highway from Cedura in South Australia to Norseman in Western Australia. What I like about it is it changing scenery along the way.

Kath.Gray

Motherhen

Re: Your Favourite drives/ routes while towing

Post by Motherhen » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:04 pm

When we were re-fuelling in Esperance once, we were about to go to South Australia. We had made a quick double crossing the year before when we purchased our caravan. The servo owner said he had family in New South Wales and had been across 48 times, and loved it every time.

My favourite is any road we haven't been on before.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “Travel Chat”