Hitch Hika Caravans

Post here for discussion on model specific Caravans & Motohomes
PetaW

Hitch Hika Caravans

Post by PetaW » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:07 pm

I have been doing research to purchase a new van. I have come across Hitch Hika vans sold through Camperagents in Adelaide. They look quite good. I have found vans for sale online but can find no mention on any forums. Has anyone heard of or bought one of these? Would love to find anyone who has one.

Motherhen

Re: Hitch Hika Caravans

Post by Motherhen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:44 pm

It is a brand made by a Melbourne manufacturer for the agency in Adelaide. There are a number of vans like that; a bit like store brands. The compliance plate should have the name of the manufacturer on it.

From the Hitch Hika website http://hitchhika.com.au/
The Hitch Hika brand was established in 1998 and has been supplying caravan travellers with luxury, custom made caravans ever since.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:20 am

Made in Melbourne and I have never heard of them. So I am of no help.
But a good review here.
What I find interesting is that if I type in Hitch Hika caravans int this and the caravaners forum, I don;t get even one hit.... :) Must be too rich for our blood

https://www.caravanworld.com.au/caravan ... ide-review
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

PetaW

Post by PetaW » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Thanks for the replies. I too found it interesting that there is very little regarding the brand around.

The prices are pretty average Dieseltojo. Will wait and see if anything shows up from someone who actually owns one.

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:38 pm

I googled Hitch Hika problems, and nothing came up, so that is good.
I always like to know who builds the chassis, the weight to be carried etc. How and where the water tanks are fitted.

And oh yeah, the colour of the curtains.... :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Caravans and Motorhomes (RVs)”