Bushmaster vans

Post here for discussion on model specific Caravans & Motohomes
thewayes

Bushmaster vans

Post by thewayes » Thu May 26, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi all we are new to the caravan world so we are looking at true off road vans and came across the bushmaster brand so I'd like to hear from people that have had a good or bad experience with them. just trying to do some research before we made the decision on the brand to buy.

Geoff

dieseltojo

Re: Bushmaster vans

Post by dieseltojo » Thu May 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi Geoff, and welcome.
I haven't kept up with all the different exclusive bush bashing vans my self, and don't know how long that company has been in business.
My Avan has done me on most trips and occasional forays onto cattle trails etc. driven carefully.

My advice on any van is to at least buy middle of the road with a higher than average of good customer relations. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

thewayes

Post by thewayes » Fri May 27, 2016 5:58 am

dieseltojo wrote:Hi Geoff, and welcome.
I haven't kept up with all the different exclusive bush bashing vans my self, and don't know how long that company has been in business.
My Avan has done me on most trips and occasional forays onto cattle trails etc. driven carefully.

My advice on any van is to at least buy middle of the road with a higher than average of good customer relations. :)
Thanks we have set a price of up to $100,000 but it's making sure the van Company we pick has a good reputation.

J.REEVES

Post by J.REEVES » Fri May 27, 2016 8:49 am

Hi Geoff,
Don't know the brand but would be looking for a van with a good soft riding suspension like coil springs or air bags with good shocks. With good suspension your internal bits have a much better chance of survival. I also would look at how well the electrics are installed and the neatness of the job and have a good look under to make sure there are no pipes and the like that can be damaged by rocks.
Its also good to get a van that has at least 500kg or more load carrying capability (ATM at least 500kg above Tare).

JR
:razz:

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 am

This goes back to 2014. Their top 12 just for interest.

http://www.caravanworld.com.au/features ... -caravans/
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri May 27, 2016 10:14 am

I have no experience with them

SLR is another brand to consider in that price range (depending upon options selected)

If you narrow your list down to a few options it's worth the few hundred dollars for a return flight and hire car to go look at the factory and see how they put their vans together.

Learn as much as you can about construction techniques, the pros and cons of different materials, etc as well.

$100K is a big investment

thewayes

Post by thewayes » Fri May 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Your are all correct and as a fitter I've been looking over the way they are made and what is open to get damaged under so at this stage if I'm not happy with the bushmaster after pricing and build I'll turn to the Patriot in Brisbane I've already looked at them being built. The bushmaster has enough to temp me into taking a good look at them but I cant find anyone that owns one or has talked about them on any forums not like some other brands.

Geoff

rumbo

Post by rumbo » Sat May 28, 2016 2:45 pm

You could also take a look at Spinifex Vans while you are at it. They make a very good van and are great to deal with. Have ordered one for November delivery.
Rumbo.

thewayes

Post by thewayes » Sat May 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi rumbo we have looked at spinifex and love them they were our first choice but due to the weight of them we just can't go down that track unless we have a landcruiser or a truck. With a tare weight of about 2800kg dry then with water and other stuff we would easy be 3.5t which means to stay legal I'd have to keep the BT 50 empty so I can only look for now and my second choice is the patriot at around 2300kg dry but I'd love to hear from someone that has a bushmaster but I can't find anything from anyone about them
Geoff

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:55 pm

I know that Bushtracker were making a lighter van with an ally chassis for Prado owners. Not sure of cost or if available any more.
1929 Pop Top

Return to “Caravans and Motorhomes (RVs)”