View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New kid on the block 

Post New kid on the block
So I have been scouring the web for info, I've consumed many a beverage over discussions... Now i'm here. :D

The low down is... Towing with LC 200 V8
Van must have...Queen bed, shower, w/c F/L washer 7kg, Office space (maybe replace bunks space), big windows, recliner chairs, big fridge/freezer, TV, Satellite, big annexe... just to mention a few.

It is for myself & wifey (Monika) and pet birds in a large cage (Cockatiels).
We do not intend on going over huge boulders, but corrugated roads, pot holes etc, so off-road to a degree.
This WILL be our home for ongoing time unlimited so to say. We will be selling up and traveling for as long as we can.

I guess that makes our needs more of a home from home rig.

We will use parks as well as free camp.

If anybody would love to help point us in the right direction with sage advice the good, bad & uggly that would be very much appreciated.

Regards
John

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Post Re: New kid on the block
Hi John, I just posted response on other thread. Will PM you. Dan

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:12 am

Dan and Kerrie wrote:
Hi John, I just posted response on other thread. Will PM you. Dan

Awesome Dan...thank you.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:47 am

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
G'day John and Monika,
Welcome to the forum
My thought, get a second hand van and start off with, most people buy 2 or 3 vans before they end up with the one they really want, if you start off with a new one you will loose $$$$$$$$$, start off with a second hand van and you will loose $$ or maybe gain a few $.
the things you want before you start are maybe not the things that will be important to you a few months down the track, start off basic and move up the ladder if you need to, rather that start at the top and realise you don't need what are considered to be luxuries by many, many places to upgrade as you go along.
Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Frank & Brenda wrote:
G'day John and Monika,
Welcome to the forum
My thought, get a second hand van and start off with, most people buy 2 or 3 vans before they end up with the one they really want, if you start off with a new one you will loose $$$$$$$$$, start off with a second hand van and you will loose $$ or maybe gain a few $.
the things you want before you start are maybe not the things that will be important to you a few months down the track, start off basic and move up the ladder if you need to, rather that start at the top and realise you don't need what are considered to be luxuries by many, many places to upgrade as you go along.
Frank

Hi Frank & Brenda,

Awesome advice and thank you. This has been playing on my mind a lot...the $$$$$$$ value in loss from new to second hand. Same as with a new car. And I personally agree that some luxuries that one might think they need might be the first to go... Will check this over with wifey and keep searching.

Thanks again
John

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]