Spaceland Caravans

Post here for discussion on model specific Caravans & Motohomes
Motherhen

Re: Spaceland Caravans

Post by Motherhen » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:59 pm

While it must be devastating for you to have so many problems with your caravan GH, were you aware of the faults when you purchased the caravan? Who told you they were covered by transferable warranty - the vendor? Perhaps the vendor was quitting it because of problems.

With cupboards not shutting and leaks, is it possible that this caravan has been in an accident? Are you certain that the vendor had owned it since manufacture?

I question your statement that Spaceland has been in receivership before. What do you know about this? You well may be correct, but I see nothing to indicate that they were. Scenic caravans was liquidated in 2012, and they sold caravans manufactured by Spaceland. It appears Spaceland is a company that has been in business for over 25 year - a creditable record in a caravan manufacturing market with a high turnover of brands. From other posts in this thread you can see that Spaceland has produced caravans that customers are happy with.

Not trying to give you the 'third degree' but trying to see the whole picture.

It seems that your best option may well be to take the caravan to Melbourne; while a cost and probably time taken off from work, it may still be the cheapest way to get a serviceable caravan from your purchase, which no doubt cost you a considerable sum.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

jock

Post by jock » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:10 am

Hmmm. DT & Motherhen...Firstly DT, He says he bought it privately not from a dealer. secondly, as far as I am aware, warranties are transferable. - as evidenced by the fact that Spaceland did say they would carry out the repairs providing He drove it down to their factory in Melbourne.

Despite the whys and wherefores and that there's possibly two sides to the affair, there is no excuse for Spaceland not to reply to his letters, e-mails etc. etc..

I agree that it is a bit mystifying that he didn't verify the warranty situation before purchasing and also that there seems to be a hell of a lot of faults that the previous owner did not attend to under warranty.

I reckon We need to have more details of the purchase etc. before expressing any opinions..How about it ghcoolum.??

Jock :?:

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:17 pm

I have a warranty claim form here for another brand of caravan, it's the form that a dealership fills in to go back to the factory (don't ask how I got it)

It specifically says that the repairs will be denied if the person presenting the van is not the original purchaser

This company may well be the same

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:07 pm

I reckon just that too Jock. There has to be more to this than the brief outline we have had. The caravan could have been 'dumped' onto an unsuspecting buyer because of its problems, or it could be a backyard rebirthed write off.
jock wrote:I reckon We need to have more details of the purchase etc. before expressing any opinions..How about it ghcoolum.??
It has only been little more than a day since GH posted, and in that short time he has not returned since posting. It is not the first time I have read this script. While here his post was marginally moderated, elsewhere it didn't see the light of day for long due to naming and shaming.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

jock

Post by jock » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:28 am

Where are you Ghcoolum ??????

I wonder if it would be kosher to send an e-mail to Spaceland drawing their attention to this post. They may want to have the chance to tell their side of the story. Especially as Motherhen has pointed out that GH has posted on other forums. Cant have done their PR reputation much good.

Jock :?:

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:38 pm

No harm in doing that Josh 8-) . Caravan companies usually hear quite quickly about negative publicity and I have seen on several occasions where a company representative of that brand has joined the thread. No doubt someone has let them know.

My concerns here is that on a thread about a brand where feedback has all been positive, my questions raised remain unanswered, and the caravan was purchased second hand so these problems may not have been original. A similar story of a re-birthed write off came to mind.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

PeterD

Post by PeterD » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:58 pm

Despite me being a satisfied Spaceland van owner I have not bothered replying up till now. The post was an obvious overblown rant by a bloke with his own problems. He just did a hit and run post, he has not been back to answer questions and support his claims (click on the button "PROFILE" at the bottom of his message to see how long he hung around after posting his venom.)

I don't think this post counts for much and you all should ignore it. Discussing it gives it some credence.
PeterD
Retired radio & electronics technician -
Nissan Navara D40 diesel auto (pensioners pack) towing a Spaceland pop-top

nimdA
Global Moderator

Post by nimdA » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:58 am

Clancy (Global Moderator)

Return to “Caravans and Motorhomes (RVs)”