View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Yorke Peninsula’s Must see locations? 

Post Yorke Peninsula’s Must see locations?
Hi everyone – We are currently in Arno Bay on the Eyre Peninsula and it’s just beautiful. We are heading to the Yorke Peninsula approx. next week and wondering if you could tell me any must see’s we shouldn’t miss. We are 10 months into our 12 month Aussie Adventure – thought we would do Australia, but have only done the west half – so we really don’t have any itinerary at all. We only know we will stop in Adelaide, Victor Harbour and Mt Gambier to visit friends before doing our last little trek back to Eltham in Melbourne. Any suggestions on what to see and where to stay would be greatly appreciated. I have been writing a blog for the past 10 months, you are welcome to check it out if you like.
www.53buddhas.blogspot.com
Thanks in advance
Davine

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Post Re: Yorke Peninsula’s Must see locations?
I would have thought all SA based folk wold have given you a response !!!
it is a vast and interesting place allow some time to meander any where from an inland farming town to a full on sea port, museums, fishing towns, wind farms, ship wrecks national parks and some of the best salmon fishing beaches and god forbid not to forget surfing beaches it is a place that will embed itself in to your grey matter
take it slow and take it all in its a fabulous place to be
cheers
Andrew & Deb

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Geez Andrew, don’t tell them all our secrets! nah, really have a look here http://www.harvestcorner.com.au/
Pete

2013 Holden Colorado LX
2012 Jurgens Skygazer J2203

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Greetings Davine
GeoffC here and will get the ball rolling ( so I wasn’t first, was when I started) and am more than happy to be shot down in flames
If you get to Port Pirie from there you can get to Port Broughton from there you go to the Copper Triangle which takes in the towns of Kadina, Wallaroo and Moonta all have historical interests re Copper and the Cornish miners
If it is at all possible check Yorke Peninsular on Google maps. To me the Peninsular is a great place over all with a lot of pretty coastal towns. Minlaton is of historic interest also
From Victor Harbor you can cut across to Strathalbyn ( did have a great bakery!) then cut across the ferry at Wellington and make a right hand turn on the Princes Highway to towns like Kingston SE (don’t just say Kingston as there is Kingston on the Murray) Robe and for a slight detour at Millicent you can visit Beachport.
From Millicent you go through a place called Tantanoola with its tail of the Tantanool Tiger (in the pup) you also have the caves there as well
You will have to hurry if you wish to see the Blue Lake blue as it starts to go grey in March.
So much to see and do in and around the Mount
From the Mount you can head back to Vic via Hamilton very good car museum as well as the Ansett museum or you can head to Port Mac through to Nelson visiting the Princess Margaret Ross caves and do the coast road back home to that sleepy little north eastern suburb of Eltham
PS to all the car buffs out there I will now go and get my photos from my visit to the museum and share
regards
GeoffC

Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Sorry Folk
I have stuffed up badly and put the wrong photos in the wrong place (had the numbers written down) these are from Hamilton
If any one knows how to get them into the General chat I will be most grateful
GeoffC

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi Geoffc.
What great pic they were,
is there any more. :?:

Karen,Ron and the Girls. :razz:

Just coasting along. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:48 pm

Thanks bluebus
These photo were supposedly gone to a new thread in general chat which I will get right with some more but the old fart stuffed up to which I trully am sorry for Davine. What should have gone here was some photos of the Blue Lake from down at the pumping station
regards
Geoff

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi folk
These are the photos of the Blue Lake that should have been here in the first place.
Some are from down at the pumping station
regards
GeoffC

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:30 pm

Thats Ok I didn’t mind seeing the photos. We are in Port Augusta tonight – blah then heading down to Port Broughton tomorrow. Not sure how long we will be on Yorke Pen. Thanks for the info everyone.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 pm

If these places shown in the photographs are on the York Peninsula, I havn’t seen them….. :) But very nice for SA once past the peninsula turn off.

Lots of folk in SA holiday on the York Peninsula at places like Coobowie and Edithburgh. Fishing for Tommyrough is popular off the jetties.
I worked for around 4 years out of coobowie and the whole area is a large grain growers paradice.

The bottom end is shaped simalar to the boot of italy and has a large National park at the end. Getting there down the Eastern roads is a nice drive and around April is famous for salmon fishing off the surf.

Minlaton(Pronouned Minleton)and Stansbury used to compete for pup patronage with great Schnitzel nights.

Stansbury has a nice pub right on the waters edge at the Yacht club.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?clie … c8c64605d2

Sorry but if you can’t give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next