creeks and rivers to camp and catch yabbies

For all RV travel & touring information on South Australia
bobsa

Re: creeks and rivers to camp and catch yabbies

Post by bobsa » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi shonky
We have some great place in SA, here is a couple
1 Out from Renmark North, on to the old Renmark to Wentworth Road, it is dirt , but ok you will come across station country with a hell of lot of camping all free just turn in on the tracks a the station its polite to ask if they are there, ,the road follows a big loop back to the main drag and you can camp ont the waters edge there is fire pit ,but not fires in fire ban season
2 driving in to Berri heading to Loxton , just before the bridge turn down there and follow past the Rodeo field, there is lot of areas to camp along the back waters on the left , if you follow to far you will come to a narrow bridge across the otherside is nation park land, so not dogs
3 out from Barmera is a place called Overland corner great place for a drink and lots of history, turn left just before the pub and head down past the flood bank , on past the windmill and pump, head right it is narrow bush track but you come out onto a great sand bar, great fishing spot and camping
4 Not sure which way you are coming from but out from Hawker there is a dam the locals assured me in the pub, that it had to be fenced of due to the loss of sheep , that yarn was over a few beers and I never ventured out there to see.
we have lot of nice place here in SA
Just adhere to the rule of throw the small one back and dont take the female with berries ( eggs ) and there will be some for me next time

Regards Bob
ps for bait, i just use dog biscuits they are easy to travel with and seem to work ok
Merry xmas and safe travels

Return to “Touring SA”