View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 coober pedy 

Post coober pedy
Hi everyone,
We are travelling to Coober Pedy this June (2013)and will stay in a caravan park. We have noticed that there are now 4 parks there. We belong to Big 4 and Top Tourist but want opinions on all parks as to cleaniness, water supply, costs and other info. Also did you book ahead as this is their best months for travellers or where you able to roll up and have no trouble getting a site. Will be there for 4-5 nights.
Chris :razz:

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Post Re: coober pedy
We have only ever stayed at Stuart Range CP and only overnight. There was a fee for the showers but I do not recall how much. You could not hook to water. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 pm

We stayed at Stuart Range CP last year. I don’t think any CP in Coober Pedy allows vans to connect to water supply. Water is very precious there.

Water available from a central point at Stuart Range CP at 20c per 40 litres (2012 prices) Water can also be purchased from central council point outside park. Great tours of towns and surroundings for $60 per person for a 4.5 hour tour. Also entitles you to a discount of yummy pizzas made on site at park. Very good pizzas. $3 off fuel bill at Caltex but we found diesel $0.07 a litre cheaper at the BP in town

Note: You cannot book a powered site so get in before 3.00pm. Both men’s and women’s toilets often ran out of toilet paper during the day. 20c for a 2 minute shower (2012) but water is expensive in Coober Pedy. A tap is adjacent to front office you can get 40 litres of water for 20c.

Enjoy your trip

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 pm

gregnsue wrote:
We stayed at Stuart Range CP last year. I don’t think any CP in Coober Pedy allows vans to connect to water supply. Water is very precious there.

Water available from a central point at Stuart Range CP at 20c per 40 litres (2012 prices) Water can also be purchased from central council point outside park. Great tours of towns and surroundings for $60 per person for a 4.5 hour tour. Also entitles you to a discount of yummy pizzas made on site at park. Very good pizzas. $3 off fuel bill at Caltex but we found diesel $0.07 a litre cheaper at the BP in town

Note: You cannot book a powered site so get in before 3.00pm. Both men’s and women’s toilets often ran out of toilet paper during the day. 20c for a 2 minute shower (2012) but water is expensive in Coober Pedy. A tap is adjacent to front office you can get 40 litres of water for 20c.

Enjoy your trip

Hi Chris

What gregnsue stated above is correct.

We stayed at Stuart Range CP and found it to be the better CP even though it is a bit out of town. The ones in town were crammed packed together. It is worth the short drive into town from there.

2007 Pajero DID

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Thanks all for the info. We will stay at stuart range c/p. Have rung the park and he was very helpful. :razz:
cheers
Chris

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:37 pm

G’day Chris,
they are all lovely people at stuart range cp and the pizza is the best you will ever eat, I kid you not. you fill your tanks on the way in I think 20c for 40 litres of pure water from the treatment plant. first in best dressed if you are really lucky you can score a site under the shadecloth. there is a dump point. the amenities are the best in australia and so is the laundry but at $6 for a load you might want to use your own machine.

take the afternoon bus tour from the park it is well worth it and you get a discount on your pizza as well(order before you go on the tour and ready when you get back)

very interesting opal town but shop around if you are looking to buy opal there are some "expensive" places you might not want to shop at.

fuel is cheapest at the shell depot in town but it is not open weekends.

hope that helps

frank

30+ years maintaining Electrical/Security/Duress/Voice/Data systems in Public hospitals. retired to go caravanning for much of the year.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

K&FT wrote:
G’day Chris,
they are all lovely people at stuart range cp and the pizza is the best you will ever eat, I kid you not. you fill your tanks on the way in I think 20c for 40 litres of pure water from the treatment plant. first in best dressed if you are really lucky you can score a site under the shadecloth. there is a dump point. the amenities are the best in australia and so is the laundry but at $6 for a load you might want to use your own machine.

take the afternoon bus tour from the park it is well worth it and you get a discount on your pizza as well(order before you go on the tour and ready when you get back)

very interesting opal town but shop around if you are looking to buy opal there are some "expensive" places you might not want to shop at.

fuel is cheapest at the shell depot in town but it is not open weekends.

hope that helps

frank

As its been reported that you cant hook up to water, a couple of posts back, I reckon you will have to carry it from the shower block and pay for it as well…… :D

Sorry but if you can’t give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:08 pm

G’day DieselTojo,

we were only staying 2 nights so we had enough water on board to run the wash machine and then fill the tanks again on the way out. If you were staying longer you would have to tow the van back to the water fill point and refill your tanks.

It is true there are no caravan parks in coober pedy that offer a tap to hook up to on sites.

water in the showers is more expensive than the fill point. unless you do it with a bucket from the sink.

frank

30+ years maintaining Electrical/Security/Duress/Voice/Data systems in Public hospitals. retired to go caravanning for much of the year.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]