View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 BUNDABERG AREA 

Post Re: BUNDABERG AREA
Grey Fox wrote:
Cris there are plenty of parks in and around bundy ,Bagarra Moore park ,woodgate, elliot heads .
and tv is broadcast in the vertical [standard winguard no good]

We spent a few weeks at Elliott Heads in July. Nice spot, very busy at that time. Looked at all others mentioned above, and spoke to people who has stayed at them. We liked Woodgate Beach, but we're told too many trees, and too much bird poop. Notwithstanding that we'd stay there. Liked Moore Park too, bowlo and beach really close. Looks like a lot of permanents. All these parks appeared booked out in the "Southern winter" period of June to September. We were lucky and the original three days turned into two weeks after a cancellation. Bundaberg was nice, just a bit windy when we were there.
Cheers
John.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:52 pm

We stay at Bargara Beach caravan park nearly every winter. Possibly one of the best for locality, close to shops, golf club, bowling club and not far to Bundy itself. You can walk down to the Mon Repos turtle beach. and plenty of other well made walking paths. Depending where in the park and how busy there is generally large sites. Stay 7 nights pay for 6. Powered sites went to $39 Sept 1st. They have their own TV repeater if you don't mind Imparja. They were just retiling both amenity blocks when we left. Moore Park is sandfly heaven.
Doug

Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:26 pm

thanks to all with your advice on caravan parks. Will let you all know where we stayed after we come home.
Next year I will putting out another query as we intend to travel over to W.A. from late May for 3 months. Will travel from south of Brisbane to Mt.Isa across to Katherine and on to W.A. We have previously done these areas so we will mainly be on the road till we arrive in Kunnunnara. After this town it will be a new experience of places. Travel down the coast to the southern part of W.A. Across the Nullabor (done this back in 1983)across into S.A. and then Broken Hill then home. Any advice will be greatly appreciated -tours, parks, free camps sights etc.
Chris

Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:22 am

Chris59au,
As we have been "around the block" four times and half way four times, I have hundreds of photos of our travels. Please ask if you want any as I'm quite happy to share. If you want I can send them to your personal email address.
I quite often use Google earth street view to look at the condition of roads in the area of my future travels.
glanyard

Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks Glanyard,
We did a trip back in 1983 just after we were married in a Kombi van that was decked out. 6 months saw us travel down to and across to Tasmania. Back to mainland heading across to Perth back across the Nullabor then up the middle to Darwin. Stuart highway was dirt to the Northern Territory. Great in a Kombi - red dust and all.Then back home to Brisbane. Would love to know about caravan parks good, bad and ugly as well as free camping spots. I must admit it is great with google earth and computers etc but looking back at what we did in "83 alot of the adventure is taken out.
thanks for your help and will keep you in mind.
Chris

Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:16 pm

HI all,
Thanks for all those that gave us some ideas. Had a wonderful time at Elliotts Heads for 4 nights. Would recommend this park. The manager was a down to earth fella. This place reminded us of Broomes Heads in N.S.W. Spent the last 2 nights at Maroochy Cotton Tree C/park. To very different parks. Probably prefer to stay at Elliotts Heads.
Chris

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:26 am

Hi Chris

Although you are not asking this one yet, don't think that travelling down the coast will show you Western Australia. While there are a few key coastal spots such as the Ningaloo coast, area around shark bay and Kalbarri, there is much more to see along and from the inland routes, and plenty of camping opportunities rather than the coastal route where you are more confined to expensive caravan parks which are full during school holidays. Allow plenty of time as Western Australia is a huge and diverse state - sort of like Queensland plus New South Wales and Victoria, which together makes a similar area.

chris59au wrote:
thanks to all with your advice on caravan parks. Will let you all know where we stayed after we come home.
Next year I will putting out another query as we intend to travel over to W.A. from late May for 3 months. Will travel from south of Brisbane to Mt.Isa across to Katherine and on to W.A. We have previously done these areas so we will mainly be on the road till we arrive in Kunnunnara. After this town it will be a new experience of places. Travel down the coast to the southern part of W.A. Across the Nullabor (done this back in 1983)across into S.A. and then Broken Hill then home. Any advice will be greatly appreciated -tours, parks, free camps sights etc.
Chris

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:34 am
Profile WWW

Hi Motherhen,
Thanks for the advise. As yet we haven't really sat down to map out our route but will certainly look into the inland routes. Its great that we can do a bit of free camping on the way to save money here to spend on other things.

cheers
chris

Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2