Woodgate Qld

For all RV travel & touring information on Queensland
glanyard

Woodgate Qld

Post by glanyard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi All,
We are currently at Woodgate Caravan Park having some R and R for a week.
Woodgate is approximately 32 Kms east from Childers and is a very long but narrow village with a mix of old and very new homes; some quite magnificent. The village has a hardware, baker, general store, real estate office, a tavern and the Woodgate Club; all very acceptable businesses to patronise.
The Burrum National Park is in the same vacinity and has numerous walking tracks but not for your doggie of course.
The caravan park allows pets under control as there are numerous kangaroos and other wildlife in the area nearby.
Currently the park is very empty as 320 persons left on monday for return to work/school tuesday. The park is across from the beach, with only a 50 kmph road in between, however it is a bit rough there at present due to the influence of the weather up north.
Bundaberg is only 59 kms to the north and that is we'll go tomorrow for the day out and possibly spend some more money in that community.
I hope I'm able to attach photos of the park with this post.
glanyard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dnsoakeshott

Re: Woodgate Qld

Post by dnsoakeshott » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:57 pm

What site number you on Glannie? We like 211 and 212 but don't get 212 if it starts to rain, you may need to move.
Regards Dean

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
2014 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 3ltr TD
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009 with slideout

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:05 pm

dnsoakeshott wrote:What site number you on Glannie? We like 211 and 212 but don't get 212 if it starts to rain, you may need to move.
Mate, site 303. Have you got a map? The bottom photo is taken looking towards where you like to camp.
We requested this site because it close to the amenities.
Last Oct we were on 222 and I needed a cut lunch and a compass to get to the toilet just for a pee!
211 and 212 would be worse.
glanyard

dnsoakeshott

Post by dnsoakeshott » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:34 pm

They are a long way away from the dunnies but we mostly use our own. The camp kitchen is pretty nice and close and usually quiet down the back.
A good feed at the cafe at the front and only a short walk to the beach.
A very good place to get away for a while. I did recognise the photos, not a bad park at all.
Regards Dean

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
2014 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 3ltr TD
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009 with slideout

rjblmarsh1

Post by rjblmarsh1 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:35 am

Woodgate beach caravan park now has a new amenities block towards the back and 16 more new sites.

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:43 am

rjblmarsh1,
Thanks for that info; we go there for a week at least once per year.
glanyard

Bobster

Post by Bobster » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:30 am

What a great little place to stay with friendly staff, beaches, National parks a great tavern with good food and reasonably priced. Only down site was TV reception on the site we had, that just meant I didn't have to put up with all the rubbish that was on.

Wife & I stayed there recently for 4 days and could have stayed longer, will definitely go back again when travelling that way. Did a day trip through the national park and checked out the coast line in that area. Wow what a beautiful day it was with superb views. Word of caution tracks in and around have soft sand so lower tyre pressures and enjoy the ride.

Ancient Mariner

Post by Ancient Mariner » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:46 pm

I am with you Glanyard,
303 is much more pee friendly
Graham

Return to “Touring QLD”