View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Travelling to Normanton & Beyond 

Post Re: Travelling to Normanton & Beyond
We have a Roadstar Off Roader & tow it with a 100 series Cruiser. We will be taking our time as we plan on leaving Brisbane in April & will be visiting friends on the way up so we don't expect to head towards Normanton until April. Thanks again for all your advice it is extremely helpful. Hels

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:25 am

Sorry everyone I did the last one a little incorrect LOL. We will be heading towards Normanton in or around May as we will be visiting friends on the way up the coast when we leave Brissie in April. We are traveling in our Roadstar Off Roader & we tow it with a 100 series Cruiser. We did the trip around Australia with them in 2011/2012 & had a great time, but there's always places that you haven't seen & this is one if them. We took approximately 14 mths to do the last trip & came home for Christmas then went to Tassie for 3 mths. We have been home now since August so we are looking forward to this trip.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:35 am

You wont have any problem up there with that outfit and probably O.K. with that time frame.

Jock :)

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:45 am

G'day Hels, A word of advice if your intending to stay at Normanton, the caravan park with the big Barra out the front is a DUMP , by far the worst CP in OZ . The CP near the Purple Pub is a mile better.

Geoff & Bev
NP Pajero GLX Diesel Auto
07 Millard Horizon 17' Pop Top

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Thankyou again everyone for your input, I can't tell you how much Robert & I appreciate all your responses. Hels

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:24 am

Hi! Rather than stay at Normanton I would stay in Karumba. But you will have to book.. We stayed at the sunset c/park ( I think it was called) closest to the boat ramp.
Deb

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi all. We were up in these areas mid 2013 and I concur with the opinion expressed about the CP with the barra out front. We also stayed at the CP in Karumba township not at Sunset end of what is called new Karumba. This was the CP right through town opposite the fuel depot and next to the truck stop. We were sited only metres from the main road and directly opposite the industrial area which meant pre dawn to 10PM noise, lots of noise. Never again for this little black duck. We did find a lovely free camp spot about halfway between Normanton and Karumba at Walkers Creek ( look for Phil Schaffert Bridge ) with plenty of room, camp areas both sides of bridge are readily accessable from the main road. All in all a great part of Aussie. Enjoy.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2