Halls Gap Caravan Park.

For all RV travel & touring information on Victoria
TramcarTrev

Halls Gap Caravan Park.

Post by TramcarTrev » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:13 pm

Here for a few days, just across from the business hub of "town". Several walks into the Grampians start here.. Superb food the the Base Station... I wont be doing any free climbing as I have no way of keeping my chalk dry....

Amenities are good but actually getting into the Van section takes some maneuvering after booking in at the office you have to do a U turn and go round the block to the boom gate....

Nice enough park, our site is not level and I had trouble unhitching, rather than dig a hole under the jockey wheel I jacked up the van till I could get the wheel on...
Spectacular backdrop and when the rain stops I'll get some pics...
Just be careful when booking, you can book the "specials" online but you have to pay the lot upfront and you do need to book, if the weather is fine it gets very busy...
Dog friendly too but the wallabies are trained to tease dogs by sitting just far enough away the dogs cant get to them...
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

dieseltojo

Re: Halls Gap Caravan Park.

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:04 pm

That's a nice area TT, got the heater going?
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Yeah, but its not too cold... Its raining too heavily to feel cold...
Blogs;

bagmaker

Post by bagmaker » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:38 pm

if you are a lover of flight, Trev, drop into the grampians soaring club and appear interested, weekends are best. A couple of hundred well spent should see you with some of the best veiws of the area you will ever get. This time of year its possible to ride "wave" (not for passengers- oxygen needed) where the locals have soared over 30000 ft. Airliners can be diverted around them!

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Ahhhh yes..... BUT be careful in the Grampians on any long weekend. Prices go up. Bookings have to be paid for in full a month ahead. Campsites have to be booked in advance. Fuel also is at a premium and is around 20 cpl cheaper in Stawell 25km away...
Our powered site goes from $35 to $55 an night which is why we are not staying for the long weekend...
The weather is lousy anyway so we are going to Ballarrat to ride some vintage trams which can be done in the wet (provided the sand is dry)....
Blogs;

Return to “Touring VIC”