Mildura Tractors revisite

For all RV travel & touring information on Victoria
dieseltojo

Mildura Tractors revisite

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:00 pm

I made a small post on this and it turned out to be years ago.
http://www.candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 82&p=30931

The truth is My friend was very ill and I revisited the site to show him, as he was a noted photographer. The difference between us was that he was noted and I only big noted my work. He passed away a couple of years back and I would have loved for him to see it all again.

But anyway I made it into a bit of a video slide show to add some interest as this is a unique place.
My video skills are slowly developing so please excuse the errors that might annoy you.

My problem is I can't find the address of the place. It is a farm house with all these tractors and machinery either donated or sold to this farmer that has always intended to build a tea room and charge entry. I don't think his dream came to reality as his proposed business is not listed on Google or under cafe's or restaurants.
If any one knows the place please post the address.

Mildura tractors video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6K2Vq5 ... e=youtu.be
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

A'van

Re: Mildura Tractors revisite

Post by A'van » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Hi diesltojo

No i don't know where it is. But that is some very good photos and a excellent video.

I hope you find the place, if you can't, i hope the tractors are in a museum somewhere, getting looked after.

My problem is that i have driven tractors like them and they weren't very old then, that makes me feel old :)

Good luck.

Hans
E&H
Toyota Aurion + A'van Aliner

hank

Post by hank » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:15 am

Cant help with the location but you did an admirable job on the video. I have also spent some time on some of those tractors almost 50 years ago.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2011 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

Jetta7

Post by Jetta7 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:30 am

Hi Dieseltop, thanks for that video , I can't help you with that location unfortunately. I came across a stack of tractors on the peninsula in SA a few years ago near the beach, had a great time photographing them .
Love old trucks and tractors so thanks for the pics.
Jetta. :neutral:
Jetta

Olympic Sprinter + Mitsubishi Outlander 2016 Diesel

Keep smiling, it keeps them guessing!

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:01 am

I have google land viewed the area and I reckon I have found it, but its not showing a line of orange equipment so I would say its all been re-owned and sold off for scrap.

Orange roofs are easy to spot and this yard was chockas with orange and yellow gear.
Even the tourist bureau knows nothing about it.
No matter, I took the pics and they may have just moved on.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:46 pm

nice tribute to your friend Paul

Mally

Post by Mally » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 am

It's not Merbein is it Hans.
Jayco Discovery Poptop 2012
Towed by VF Holden Calais

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:42 pm

I tried to find the address and received a reply from the tourist folks at Mildura. I am glad to say they came up with the place and it is now a going concern.

Sent: Friday, 30 January 2015 1:24 PM

Subject: Local Vintage Tractor Display

Hello Paul,

I believe you may be looking for the Vintage Farm Machinery Exhibition which is located in Red Cliffs on the corner of Azolia Street and Cocklin Avenue, Red Cliffs. It is approximately a 15 minute drive south of Mildura, located just off the Calder Highway.

Our Staff Member Gaynor sent your email and youtube video to a local Tractor Enthusiast and he confirmed the photos in the Video were the very same as the local attraction we have here.

They serve a Devonshire tea and cold drinks and are open from Thursday through to Monday from 10:00am to 4:00pm or anytime by appointment.

Their contact numbers are Ph: 03 5024 1874 or Mobile: 0409976726

If you prefer to contact them via email. The address for Bob Twyford is [email protected]

The cost is Adults $10, Children 12-16 are $5 and children under 12 are free. The venue is also available for Functions, it has Disabled access and Bus Parking available for Coaches.

So, it seems this story has a happy ending as it is possible that this mans dream did indeed became a reality if this is the very same exhibition you refer to in your email to Mildura Tourism.

I hope this helps?

Regards, Sloene

ADC Tourism
Mildura Rural City Council
1929 Pop Top

Mally

Post by Mally » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:38 pm

I just drove through the area and on the edge of Merbein!!!!!
Jayco Discovery Poptop 2012
Towed by VF Holden Calais

A'van

Post by A'van » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:56 pm

E&H
Toyota Aurion + A'van Aliner

Return to “Touring VIC”