Gulargambone NSW

For all RV travel & touring information on New South Wales
glanyard

Gulargambone NSW

Post by glanyard » Mon May 29, 2017 7:47 am

I spoke with a friend who is visiting central north NSW and he praised the Gulargambone Caravan Park.
He said "the town is friendly, the caravan park owners are friendly, there is happy hour every day at a central spot. modern camp kitchen with Pizza oven and level grassy sites". Friday night at the bowls club is not to be missed. Fees at the caravan park are $25 per night or $140 if you stay a week; $20 per night.
The town is located between Coonamble and Gilgandra on the Castlereagh Hwy.
This would be a good stop over for southerners heading to Lightning Ridge and further north to central south Qld. See "Wikicamps" for more detail.
Hopefully the managers will send money to me for promoting their park. :lol:
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

hank

Re: Gulargambone NSW

Post by hank » Mon May 29, 2017 8:36 am

We were married in Gulargambone 49years ago and we return every few years just to see old friends, mostly in the cemetery now though. We have not called in there for about 5 years and did not stay overnight. Last time I stayed at the park was 2003 but I have heard lots of glowing reports about the park.
We are going away next week to Hervey Bay and may well return via Gular.
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2011 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Mon May 29, 2017 8:56 am

hank wrote:We were married in Gulargambone 49years ago and we return every few years...
Return to the scene of the crime :mrgreen:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

loub

Post by loub » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Just spent 3 nights in the Gulargambone van park .Hidden gem,David and Genevieve run the place, great hosts,puts on damper and soup sometimes and other times something else,but always damper thrown in at happy hour,Wednesday and Sunday they do a camp oven roast dinner for ten dollars with the proceeds going to the Royal Flying Doctor service.I am now rerouting my trips to go past the van park as we loved it :razz: :razz: :razz: Peter
BT50 2013 Auto 3.2 Diesel
21 Golf Linwood

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Loub,
Great to hear that; we intend going there for a couple of weeks next April with 5 or 6 other couples.
They were there earlier this year and told me about it.
glanyard

Jay&dee

Post by Jay&dee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:45 pm

O.T. You beat me to it.
I just googled to find out where this place was.
This may help others who visit the site.

Gulargambone is a village in the central west plains of New South Wales, Australia, on the banks of the Castlereagh River, in Coonamble Shire. It is 382km (and 490km by road) north west of Sydney. At the 2006 census, Gulargambone had a population of 395.[2]

No doubt the pop.has since changed.
Jay&Dee

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm

A wonderful caravan park to stay at, and the way David and Bernadette run the park and draw visitors to the town is helping the whole community. I was surprised just how many were staying, and most stayed for longer than originally planned. We went specially to check it out, after good reports.
600_1024_Gulargambone DSCF5057.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

jill_33

Post by jill_33 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:17 am

Thank you for info. We now plan on staying there at end of month on the way to Lightning Ridge.

Jill

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Great choice Jill.

The best CP in Lightning Ridge is the Opal out near the hot bore bath. Not cheap but the best amenities ever http://www.opalcaravanpark.com.au/. They even have hair dryers in the ladies, something I have never seen before. If you don't need power, it is $10 cheaper than a powered site, and in a roomy informal area, but a long walk to those lovely amenities.

When in Lightning Ridge be sure to visit Chambers of the Black Hand. A coach will pick you up from your accommodation at no charge.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Motherhen wrote:Great choice Jill.

The best CP in Lightning Ridge is the Opal out near the hot bore bath. Not cheap but the best amenities ever http://www.opalcaravanpark.com.au/. They even have hair dryers in the ladies, something I have never seen before. If you don't need power, it is $10 cheaper than a powered site, and in a roomy informal area, but a long walk to those lovely amenities.

When in Lightning Ridge be sure to visit Chambers of the Black Hand. A coach will pick you up from your accommodation at no charge.
I agree with all of the above.
glanyard

Return to “Touring NSW”