View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Coonabarabran 

Post Re: Coonabarabran
A nice alternative to Coonabarabran is Baradine. not far away and at this spot you are right out in the bush. SHort drives into the pilliga forest...wake to birdsong

http://www.campcypress.com/

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Thanks again for some more info about places to stay and eat in and around Coonabarabran region. Also the Pilliga forest looks interesting. Saw some photos of this on Google Earth. That's one reason we want to look at this region.
:razz:
Chris

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Both times were on the long weekend in June M.H. and both times the temp. was just about the same. I lived in the central west till I was 21yo and sitting and yakking in our cars in the main streets at night, it was not unusual for windscreens to freeze over by 10 PM.
We built a homestead at New Molly Anne,( about 50 kms South of Coona.) in 1969 and camping out till we built a shed was painful. Fire buckets going mornings and nights.
Great memories tho, wish I could go back to those days. (Don't we all?)

Good health safe travels
George W.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 am

We stayed at the John Oxley C/park. It's under new management and they are doing up the park. The guy informed us that we could park anyway. Most designated a number site. This is good as you can drive round and chose your own site. Recommend it.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2