Camping getting harder.

For all RV travel & touring information on Western Australia
dieseltojo

Camping getting harder.

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:39 am

There asking for comments in some sections.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-16/u ... news_perth

Unhappy campers: Confusion over WA camping and caravanning rule changes raises questions
Pitching a tent on private land not okay
Many listeners were shocked to learn landholders were required to obtain a permit from the local council if someone camped or parked a caravan on private land for more than three days.
"I think that is ridiculous," talkback caller Cheryl said.
"People for generations have been going to stay with their relatives and parking their caravans in the driveway and there haven't been any health and safety issues."
Ms Siekierka defended the rules, saying the law was not new but many people were unaware of it.
"[Stopping at private homes] impacts on the neighbours, and we need to look at whether there are waste facilities and whether it is safe for those people to be there," she said.
"Where are they getting their water from? Where is their waste going, what toilet facilities have they got?"
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Motherhen

Re: Camping getting harder.

Post by Motherhen » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 pm

Submissions close 30th November. Have your say at http://dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Legislatio ... aper2.aspx
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Legendts

Post by Legendts » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Another mob with a "uniform" on telling you what to do in your own home. Getting very typical of most, if not all councils. :roll:
You only have one shot at life so make it an enjoyable one.
Jeff & Me Darlin'

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:22 am

Has anyone had difficulties opening the Feedback Form from https://www.dlg.wa.gov.au/Content/Legis ... per2.aspx?

I am getting this error message when I try to open the document
DLGerrormessage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:49 am

Motherhen,
It works for me so the trouble must be at your end. Try another (neighbour?) machine to see if that helps.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

loub

Post by loub » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:54 am

As with Glanys reply no problem opening the link MH
BT50 2013 Auto 3.2 Diesel
21 Golf Linwood

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Pleased to hear you are not experiencing the same problem.

They have now sent me a working copy, which I have saved in .doc and .docx. If anyone does experience the same issues, please contact me and I can send you a copy.

Remember submissions close 30th November, and there is quite a lot to wade through.

Have your say :razz:

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:39 am

Motherhen wrote:Pleased to hear you are not experiencing the same problem.

They have now sent me a working copy, which I have saved in .doc and .docx. If anyone does experience the same issues, please contact me and I can send you a copy.

Remember submissions close 30th November, and there is quite a lot to wade through.

Have your say :razz:
Have you heard anything further? Its nearly a year after submissions closed...

There is a chap on a property between Mudgee and Gulgong who allows camping on his land (in defiance of the ban on free camping by the local council) and he was aparently told he could not allow "campers" for the usual "safety concerns" so he managed to get around that by having guests by invitation and there is a sign that reads to the effect that "caravaners and campers have to phone xxxxxxxxx for an invitation". The council refused to give him a permit for using his place as a "Farmstay"... But then that is Mudgee, probably the most unfriendly town unless you are prepared to stay at their caravan parks and pay a lot of money for a toasted cheese sandwich and a glass of wine because there is an open fire...
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:15 pm

All these enquiries have resulted into a knowledge of alternatives travellers are seeking, and the nature based parks concept was developed (I think prior to the last enquiry), and money has been put into more campgrounds in National Parks. We were recently visited by caravanners who spend some over two years in WA last round, and they have found more camping options open this time.

NSW had a similar enquiry at the same time as WA. I haven't of any results or changes there.

In WA (long standing) caravanners as guests were limited to three days at a time, and limits on how many nights a year you can have guests. From memory, NSW was similar, but only two consecutive nights. Regardless of the council at Mudgee, the laws of the land prohibit the landowner from having any paying guests, and allows only a limited number of invited guests (no payments made), unless he applies and gains approval to have paying campers there.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:55 am

Motherhen wrote: From memory, NSW was similar, but only two consecutive nights. Regardless of the council at Mudgee, the laws of the land prohibit the landowner from having any paying guests, and allows only a limited number of invited guests (no payments made), unless he applies and gains approval to have paying campers there.
Yes its only 2 nights.

The situation is political around Mudgee, if the Council took legal action then they could say good bye to being re-elected. A lot of the Winerys have small "campgrounds" attached where maybe 5-6 vans can stay and of course Mudgee relies on Wine to drag in tourist $$$. So its a ballancing act, the Van parks had all the free camps around Mudgee closed, there is not enough space in the Van parks so people find alternatives and the Council turn a blind eye unless they can benifit... Signs and bollards have gone up at all the "old" freecamps but its not "rangered"...

The inquiry in NSW I believe is on the backburner and will be there for some time, the NSW Govt has got itself into more strife than Flash Gordon over some other matters. The last I heard was that "Camping" was adequatley covered by the "Local Government Ordnances" so that would mean Councils would have to do the policing.
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Return to “Touring WA”