Pilbara turning away grey nomads

For all RV travel & touring information on Western Australia
Motherhen

Re: Pilbara turning away grey nomads

Post by Motherhen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:52 am

While I don't thinks nicer or class come into it, I do believe in sharing, and find 28 days generous. There are few if any other campgrounds around Australia that allow longer stays than 28 days and many considerably less.
tar trekka wrote:Hi there,

I recon 28 days is extremely generous & the camping spots being turned over on a more regular basis may actually bring a Nicer Class of Grey Nomads into the area.

No doubt the local businesses will be glad to see some new faces & new money.

I thought Australia was to be SHARED BY ALL.

Those who want to whinge because they are forced to share "A Piece Of Aussie Paradise" with others,
are probably so miserable they whinge about Santa Clause too.

Tar Trekka.

Any day above the ground is a great day.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

tripod

Post by tripod » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:12 pm

I too have zero sympathy. Particularly those who camp in groups taking up prime spots for months on end.
I've witnessed first hand been made feel like an intruder and been almost physically driven away when camped in a spot that a group had supposedly been coming to for many years. They believed they owned this "tribal land"
Dene

Jay&dee

Post by Jay&dee » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:18 pm

I am all for free camping, but why in the name of JC would you want to saty more than 28 days in one spot. Oh!!! of course if you are on the road full time, then I guess that this is very low cost accommodation. But to me it appears it could be permanent accom for some folks.
Share and share alike I say. I wonder what the weekly cost would be???
Jay&Dee

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Note to those who have come for the season. The Karratha Council is responding to your concerns for this year with an appeal to the Minister.
The City of Karratha has approached the Minister for Local Government to seek a moratorium on the 28 night camping restriction for the 2015 camping season only.
While this application is being determined, Rangers will not be enforcing the 28 night camping duration, but will apply the previous 3 month stay provisions.
If the request is upheld, campers will be permitted to stay for a maximum of 3 months.
If the request is rejected, campers who have stayed over the 28 night duration will be provided one (1) week to move off the camping ground. The City will not support individual applications to stay for more than 28 nights where the Minister has already rejected a similar request.
Campers may continue to pay the current fees until such time as Council adopts the new budget – this includes the monthly fee. Due to the application still being determined, Caretakers will only accept one payment of the monthly fee, with the weekly fee being paid thereafter.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “Touring WA”