Raventhorpe

For all RV travel & touring information on Western Australia
rjblmarsh1

Raventhorpe

Post by rjblmarsh1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:57 am

Who has stayed at Ravensthorpe caravan park. Any comments.

Luckydog

Re: Raventhorpe

Post by Luckydog » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:01 am

G'day.rjblmarsh1.
We stayed there early October this year for 1night. New owner 18 months ago working on cleaning it up (appearance not flash). $30 for the night was a bit much although amenities were clean.

Cheers, Ray.

TeddyGQ
Location: Shepparton, VIC 2004 7.3 litre F250 Supercab Ute. Supreme Elite 23'6

Post by TeddyGQ » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am

Alright for an overnight or a couple of days. Same situation as most parks in Western Australia in that there is little grass so dirt sites. Water can become a premium around this area. Toilets are clean. Manager there was really nice. Consider going south a bit to Hopetoun. First park you come to is an old mine accommodation site. Nice park, few trees to scratch your van. Also now have a restaurant. We were there in January.

On the way in there is a van wash place that has a walkway so you can scrub and clean the sides and top of your van. There is another park in Hopetoun, down to the end of the road and turn right. The park is on your left.
Do the drive slowly as there is some amazing "Farm Art" on display. Proof that some farmers have a lot of spare time.

If you are into Free Camping, go into Hopetoun, turn left at the IGA and keep driving. Raad gets a bit ordinary, speed around 30 to 35 kph is good. Eventually you come to Starvation Bay. Marvellous. Brilliant. Any adjective you want. Superb place and area of Australia

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Starvation Bay is low cost, but not free. It was $6.60 per night last time I checked. Mason Bay nearby is also good.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Correction to the previous post. I has just looked at my free and low cost camps list, and Starvation and Mason Bay camping fees are $10.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

CK56

Post by CK56 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Ravensthorpe not real flash but clean amenities OK for one night, we were there last month.
Cheers
Charlie
Crusader Excalibur, MY14 Grand Cherokee

Return to “Touring WA”