View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Nullabor 

Post Re: Nullabor
:razz: we have had a great time in SA, the York, the Eyre,Peninsula's are fantastic the scenery majestic,here in Streaky bay time stands still, the only camp site is great, we have a site next to the water.if required there is plenty to see and do,seal colonies,great beaches,fishing.Port Lincoln a must see is the National Park stunning!We are having such a good time I could write a journal,in fact I do write a blog.
Enjoy
Bill & Jackie

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Tripping Away wrote:
billmcn wrote:
:razz: This a great thread, we are currently at Streaky Bay heading for Ceduna on Saturday for 2 days then off on the Nullabor,looking forward to a great trip,thanks for the info.
Bill & Jackie

Bill & Jackie, We are going back Port Lincoln Sreaky Bay Way, any snipets to pass on. Heading back from Mildura along Sturt hwy. Heading to Wodonga tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

G'day T.A.....Make sure you call into the side of the road bush bakery at tiny Colton..20 kms West of Elliston....His Sticky Buns are to die for :razz:

Jock ;-)

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:30 am

i forgot just where but during the nullabor crossing you'll drive along the worlds longest dead straight patch of highway.literally on the nullabor so you will travell along it. its 150 kms dead straight apparently.

its a long trip across the nullabor and the incorrectly named "plains" isnt true for the bulk of it.

Most of it is scrub,hilly,winding road and then in the center you get the true nullabor plains.Otherwise you could be on any road in oz .

Ppl have visions of 3000 kms of dead flat,wide open featureless country,thats true in the middle only.

If you want wide open country as far as the eye can see the a trip up through the center is the best place to see NOTHING,no shrubs,no trees,no hills,no winding roads. just hundreds of kms of dead flat [ALMOST] nothingness.If yopu see a shrub here of there youve done well.

Thats OZ Folks,and theres lots of it too ROFL..

Rod

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:53 am

G'day T.A.....Make sure you call into the side of the road bush bakery at tiny Colton..20 kms West of Elliston....His Sticky Buns are to die for :razz:

Jock ;-)[/quote]

Thanks Jock, Love a good Bakery with Sticky Buns....

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 pm

jock wrote:

Jock ;-)

Jock, it was hard to find on google maps.

http://www.colton.net.au/contact.html

https://www.facebook.com/ColtonBaked

Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:27 am

Found it Jock using Google Earth. We are in Wodonga today, tomorrow it will be 42 degrees with a total fire ban in Vic so we are thinking of hanging around here a bit longer. We were leaving tomorrow to free camp on the Murray River heading towards Echuca and just a bit hesitate to move at the moment. There must be a few people in the same boat as me though.

Heading to Mildura and then back to the coast along Sturt Hwy.

So I will be hanging out for a good country bakery that makes a good pie so I can have a two course meal with the buns. Yes, car is full of sticky bun lovers.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 am

Bugger..Bugger..Bugger...went past the Colton bakery the other day and it looks like it's gone...All closed up with For Sale signs...Boo Hoo

Jock :( :cry:

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:29 pm

I dropped into the Waikery Bakery 3 days ago in SA when passing through after seeing Gill on one of the old DVD's. As good as what Gill said it was and he was a pie expert.

Tried the pies, pasties, bread, rolls and some spiced buns and all were as good as it gets.

Looks like I am not looking for the cotton bakery now. Getting harder to find those good old country bakeries. BUGGER.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Jock,
Went through Colton today. Had a look at the little bakery shop at the front with the bread sign on it but not a sole to be found anywhere. Looked deserted.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2