View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Extract from Sunday Paper in W. Aust 

Post Re: Extract from Sunday Paper in W. Aust
JaynPee wrote:
We're locals and we know we're being ripped off in many places. We just can't afford to go to Exmouth, Coral Bay, Broome etc any more. We occasionally travel through Hedland and Karratha (via the inland route), never stay there- no places, no pets. We travel the inland routes and thoroughly enjoy it. However, that doesn't help many interstaters who want to see the big attractions associated with those high profile tourist destinations.
Maybe we could have a seniors tourist pass so us grey nomads could keep coming back. Otherwise, it's once seen, never to return.

JaynPee,
When you say that you can't afford to go to these places, I must say I am surprised but you have not said the standard of accomadation you want. But if you want to go to these places, then just past Geraldton is Galena Bridge, Toilets and $7.00 per person and usually a camp host there.

Blowholes or Quobba point Toilets, usually a camp host and either $5 or $7 a person 30 K past Carnarvon.
Warroora Station, 14 mile camp $7 PP per night, 30 K from Coral bay and right on the beach
Cape Range NP, other side of Exmouth, $7 a person per night, online booking, right on the beach
Barradale free camp, about 20 K before Nannaturra.
Dales Campground at Karrijinni NP $7 PP a night, toilets & BBQ's
Then there are all the small farmstay CP's which are good value.
I won't go on as there are websites like Motherhens or Badgers to sus these things out.

Many happy travels JaynPee

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:49 pm

There is no mention of a cost involved for Galena Bridge, in Camps 6.
Have they added showers or something?
glanyard

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:33 pm

JaynPee,
When you say that you can't afford to go to these places, I must say I am surprised but you have not said the standard of accomadation you want. But if you want to go to these places, then just past Geraldton is Galena Bridge, Toilets and $7.00 per person and usually a camp host there.

Blowholes or Quobba point Toilets, usually a camp host and either $5 or $7 a person 30 K past Carnarvon.
Warroora Station, 14 mile camp $7 PP per night, 30 K from Coral bay and right on the beach
Cape Range NP, other side of Exmouth, $7 a person per night, online booking, right on the beach
Barradale free camp, about 20 K before Nannaturra.
Dales Campground at Karrijinni NP $7 PP a night, toilets & BBQ's
Then there are all the small farmstay CP's which are good value.
I won't go on as there are websites like Motherhens or Badgers to sus these things out.

Many happy travels JaynPee[/quote]

Hi Tripping A

Getting back to the article is about the Caravan Parks.

The places and prices are exactly what grey nomads utilise because of the costs associated with CP's.

Just one more mention, just try getting into Cape Range NP. It is beautiful and cheap but the lineup is enormous if you have not pre-booked, which is difficult if you are a GN.

All said, I do love WA and it is very beautiful. We spent nearly 3 months there in 2011 and will be going back despite having to search out the cheaper spots!!! ;-) .

2007 Pajero DID

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:51 pm

vwillis wrote:
JaynPee,

Hi Tripping A

Getting back to the article is about the Caravan Parks.

The places and prices are exactly what grey nomads utilise because of the costs associated with CP's.

Just one more mention, just try getting into Cape Range NP. It is beautiful and cheap but the lineup is enormous if you have not pre-booked, which is difficult if you are a GN.

All said, I do love WA and it is very beautiful. We spent nearly 3 months there in 2011 and will be going back despite having to search out the cheaper spots!!! ;-) .

Quite right Vwillis, I did use examples of non caravan parks but I also made reference to the cheaper station stay Caravan Parks as well. And are not the the National Parks and Calm camping spots typical of what some Nomads really want, no bouncy castles, no swimming pools, no fancy camp kitchen facilities etc.
Cape Range used to have a 7 day stay limit on it years ago, you could normally get a spot there as everyone lined up at the gate in the morning. Then on line booking started and the stay limit went to 30 days but not sure when.
Last time I was there, they said to book in at any campsite and if you wanted to go to a different site, then when someone left, you could move in if it wasn't booked, even to the campsites that cannot be on line booked.
You could book a long time in advance for a site last time I looked.

Have a good trip back!!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Many places mentioned eg Karijini, Cape Range are national parks, so no pets. Many farm and station stays won't allow pets. We have plenty of places we do go to for short and longer stays, some you've listed: eg Blowholes, Quobba and others not named. One nighters are no problem.
Costs of $55+ per night are well out of our budget range in parks and I certainly don't need ensuites, pools, playgrounds or recreation rooms. Can't remember the last time we were in a park that had any of those. We are happy to enjoy our travels through the inland towns.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3