12-24-36-48 hour Freedom Camps – Is it long enough??

TheScotts

Re: 12-24-36-48 hour Freedom Camps – Is it long enough??

Post by TheScotts » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:57 am

Geez, sorry we asked or pointed out something we noticed – we don’t free load and certainly do not do anything like try and stay for huge lengths of time…it was just an observation…never mind :roll:
Gary & Sheree Scott
40th Ann 97 Landcruiser Petrol
2014 Jayco Silverline

Jay&dee

Post by Jay&dee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:51 am

My final view on this subject is this:-
We utilize Caravan Parks, low cost sites ( Show grounds etc) but if and when a free camp comes along and it suits us then we want the prerogative of being able to chose same.
Freedom of choice, and at the end of the day, it is our decision alone that will win out.
Jay&Dee

tom_cruiser_r69

Post by tom_cruiser_r69 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:27 am

TheScotts wrote:Hi everyone

Just got a question :?: – if you go to a Freedom Camp that is time limited say (12, 24, 36, 48 hour) is this really enough time to support the local community – given we will spend money exploring and buying fuel, groceries, drinks and meals etc…just don’t understand – say 48hrs – probably got enough food and fuel for 2 days??

Has anyone else got thoughts on this…I am also talking full time on the road…not a holiday..where you have to move on regularly??

Thanks Gary & Sheree
Sorry I guess I did get a bit carried away. Now to answer your original questions:

It doesn’t matter to me whether it’s 12, 24 48 or 72 hours camping permitted, if I were to camp. I’d obey the times listed for that campsite and not overstay. I’m a bit of an idiot with those sort of rules and obey them.

I never consider spending money to help the local community as a reason to stay or go. If I need something I’ll buy it , if I don’t I won’t. If the items are too expensive I will go without until I can get it cheaper if I can.

I hope that answers the OP.
Tom

jock

Post by jock » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:55 am

Woops!!! just re-read my last post and saw an error (I know,- highly unlikely :roll: )…I said that we free camp about 70% of the time…Wrong!!!!..We stay in CP’s 70% of the time.

Jock :oops:

peterm

Post by peterm » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Jay&dee wrote:My final view on this subject is this:-
We utilize Caravan Parks, low cost sites ( Show grounds etc) but if and when a free camp comes along and it suits us then we want the prerogative of being able to chose same.
Freedom of choice, and at the end of the day, it is our decision alone that will win out.
Jay&Dee
Great post Jay&Dee,

I agree with your thoughts.

Your last sentence/statement is what travelling is all about.

Cheers,

PeterM.
Tug: 2010 Isuzu NPS 300 4×4 Crew Cab, GVM 6000kg, GCM 9,500kg.
Van: Owner Built, 17′ Single Axle Off Road, GTM 2760kg.

tomcarm

Post by tomcarm » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:58 pm

I am not sure I support the ‘Freedom Camping’ (to some) or ‘Freeloaders’ (to others) debate.
Why? Because neither is telling the truth!!!
Freedom Camping assumes some unprovable ‘right’ to do as you please, to make use of public or ratepayers facilities without paying for them. Profit from petrol & food goes to the parasites upon the Australian communities – Woolies or Coles or the like who have driven local businesses out of business – profit goes to Sydney or Melbourne – so little is spent on locals if we are honest.
On the other side of the debate is the notion that if one wants to overcapitalise a business then those who only want a bit of it must help pay for all of it.
I loathe freeloaders, especially those do flaut the law but equally accept paying (and only using) only what I want to use.
BUT I am not seeing this intellectual integrity …

Elephant in the room – who provides facilities, pays insurance or accepts liability for damage?

tomcarm

Post by tomcarm » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:47 pm

With regard to the previous post, to avoid any potential for defamation I should have written “… Profit goes to those who I perceive to be parasites on the Australian communities …”
I could not edit the post so I add that rider now…

Return to “Free-Camping – Freedom of Choice”