View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Tasmania - State to control Free Camping! 

Post Re: Tasmania - State to control Free Camping!
'O' Illustrious Nimble One,

Is there a ' required between the member and the s. Third sentence.

One of my reference books indicate there is a possibly of ' omission.

I will bow to correction if imminent banishment is in the offing.

Your humble , lowly and well meaning member.

SD

South East Coast Westoz

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:53 pm

G'day Shags,

Long time no see. You bin hid'n under a rock?

I too noticed some missing scribble marks but was not game to mention it for fear of being struck down by lightning. It's OK now that you have elevated your highly conductive noggin. :mrgreen:

You may remember me sooking big time about the misuse of me ole mate the Apostrophe... viewtopic.php?p=81573#p81573

Gotta go.... almost hit-the-sack time over here in the East.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:56 pm

OT,

Yes I do recall you sooking big time about the demise of the Apostrophe.
I did expect you to mention your aversion to the incorrect use or omission of the wiggler to TNO.

Obviously your lack of comment indicates you hold the "The Nimble One" in awe, trepidation, even abject terror.

He/She is nothing to be feared I say.

Did I say that?

I shall log off before I am told to P**s Off by Her/His Righteousness TNO.

Take it easy.

SD

South East Coast Westoz

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:27 pm

The following article appeared in today's local paper - The Advocate

WHOPPING CARAVAN PARKING PROPOSAL RESPONSE - by Chris Pippos
A mammoth 300 submissions have been received in response to the proposal to scrap some cheap and free overnight sites for motorhome travellers.
The state government was unable to say yesterday whether a clear majority of respondents were opposed to the move.
A recent review into the issue recommended motorhome travellers should pay the "full costs" to enable councils to recover the expense of offering overnight parking sites, and stop unfair competition with caravan parks.
It followed complaints by some caravan park owners in Latrobe, west Coast, Kentish and Central Highlands that free or cheap council sites were negatively impacting on their businesses.
The Office of the Tasmanian Economic Regulator, based on "competitive neutrality" grounds had ruled the council free sites disadvantaged park operators.
The review, which fed into a draft statewide directions paper prepared by local and state governments, sided with park owners and recommended that "councils adhere to the principles of competitive neutrality and recover the full costs of oeprating overnight camping services for recreational vehicles (RVs)"
Local government Minister Bryan Green said it was premature to pre-empt his decision, which would be made in the new year.
"There seems to be a misunderstanding that there will be no low cost options following the review," Mr Green said.
"The government is working with local councils to achieve the lowest possible prices. The feedback from councils is that they are ken to keep prices as low as possible from around $5 per night."

The last paragraph is encouraging to say the least.
cheers
Jdog

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks JDog, It seems that the debate is still alive in Tassie. I am guessing that the only way to suppress the 300 voters against free camp is for us free campers to continue to object to C.Park owners.
As you would be aware JDog, a huge majority of the C.Parks in Tassie are virtually not much better presented than the wonderful free camp site in your state. EG Cosy Corneer Myrtle park just to name 2.
Thanks for the up date and do just,... please continue to keep us all updated
All the best for 2012
Jay&Dee

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Swansea Recreation Ground closed to camping, motorhomes & caravans.

The local council has banned a terrific free camping site with a most unfriendly sign at the entrance to the recreation ground.

I will endeavour to find out why but the locals have told me it was being abused with people living for weeks at a time, generators disturbing the nights, rubbish left behind and at best, the campers would only buy bread and milk in the town. Swansea has 2 caravan parks (both owned by the same family) within 1 km of the recreation ground, so I don't know if that was an issue as well.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:10 am

Sounds like the reasons given are enough, although i believe punishing the wrong doers rather than punishing the right doers as is happening here. All that will happen now is that these people will either ignore the sign and do the same or find somewhere else to ruin.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:13 pm
Profile WWW

I thought I had responded to Mikes post?

Anywhos, I more or less echo what MH says. The easier solution would have been to enforce council by-laws. Why were people allowed to stay there for "weeks at a time", and running generators?

If councils enforce their laws, and IF caravan park operators complain about local free-camps, what have they got to complain about .... if councils enforce their laws?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Badger - Maybe i posted at the same time and 'tipped you off' :( as it happens to me here too.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:09 pm
Profile WWW

I am usually aware of that little quirk about same-time posting, but ok, we'll blame you. :D

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next