View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 best shower on the road 

We purchased a different brand to the one we were using. The old tent basically bent in half from a standing position and was relatively easy. The technique involved to fold up the new one was totally different and at some stage involved inverting wrists. After two trips back to the sales point to get directions anddespite my best efforts plus further swearing and cursing I still couldn't master it. The third trip involved getting a refund!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 am
Being solo campers we still tub up in the open.

It is also part of our security system as we reckon anyone spotting us sans apparel would take off in the opposite direction.

The glory days are long past.

Take it easy.

SD

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:22 am

In the camp shop when we first sighted the shower tent i COULDNT get my head around how its rectangular but round when folded.

I only bought it as a condition that they teach me,took me near 6 goes but i got it in the bag and it was pretty close to round ROFL.

Out in the paddock both my wife and i wrestle with it but we get the job done.And YES holding it at the bottom and crossing the wrists is the key.

BUT theyre really good,weigh nothing,travell well and we love the non see through BUT we shower just before dark anyway.

Cheers Rod

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 am

Hi All. We have one of those ensuit tents. They are great once you master folding them back up. I did a lot of swearing and lost a lot of swet, but managed to master the bloody thing. We use a Coleman gas hot water system. It wasn't cheap, but it works great and you can use for hot water for the sink as well as showering. All you need is water from the creek, but you need to filter it through a chamoi or some fine cloth to get any little pieces of matter out that might damage the pump. We used to have a half beer keg on the fire to heat up water and then a 12 volt pump to a shower head, but changed over to the coleman, which is much quicker. It's great to free camp and still have a few little luxuries.

Regards Alvik

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:25 pm

hi we are new to caravan and camping can you give me more info on free camping

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:34 pm

This is a great question BUT may i suggest you put in seperatley on the main forum so ppl will spot it .

Cheers and good luck.

Rod

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Those b*****y popup tents!!!
Can never get them back in the bag
another reason for an ensuite. 12v shower part was great till we wrecked our cheapy with salt water, thought I had flushed it properly when we got home so my fault

G'day Dapope,
Remove the blame from yourself, I had a 12 v pump for years and it was fine. When it eventually died I bought a new one of course. I don't think it was made in the same factory and it seized on the second outing. Then I bought a yacht bilge pump and grafted it on to the setup and it is great. (made in USA). I have a similar 12v bilge pump which I have been using in the backyard for 20 years, watering the garden and pumping water from the street onto the lawn etc

Cheers,

Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi BillMc, I hope its not a dumb question but what do you mean "pumping water from the street onto the lawn"
Cheers, Steve

Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:22 am

Hi BillMc, I hope its not a dumb question but what do you mean "pumping water from the street onto the lawn"
Cheers, Steve

G'day Stevw & Vicky,
Melbourne water restrictions do not allow watering of lawn, so when it rains I place a small dam in the gutter and pump the water onto the lawn with a 12v battery and the pump to give it a good soaking. It is surprising how dry the soil is a few inches down even after a decent downpour.

Cheers,
Bil

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2