Choofers

bendog

Post by bendog » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Gday Buster,
I picked up a few of these cylinders from bill’s machinery last year.
It was a Chubb fire surpression cylinder painted light blue.
I used to see them up the northwest strapped to the back of graders and other earthmoving equipment years ago as part of the engine fire surpression kit. They contained water/foam.
There has got to be heaps of them laying around some where.
Wormald Fire or Chubbs could have a few laying around maybe.

Ben

Gibbo

Post by Gibbo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Go to your local dump recyling depot. Theres bound to be something there.

iant

Post by iant » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Gibbo wrote:Go to your local dump recyling depot. Theres bound to be something there.
Car wreckers are happy to get rid of them. Might have gas in them though. They have to pay someone to get rid of the gas before they can recycle them. I got 2 from local wrecker at nil cost. Recycled the gas to the BBQ.
Ian

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Re: Choofers

Post by Frank & Brenda » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Just put this in to add photos back in the “new” forum, in the OP
Frank

woodpecker

Post by woodpecker » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Got my choofer,was out at Pilliga and a guy there had one used it for everything i happened to mention to him about it and that was talk about them on the forum,next thing he said was i make em and sell em and it just so happens ive a new one in the 4wd.You beauty i said ill take it of you.He charged me $50 and i was happy with that because id have to find one and go through all tho process of making it and i thought its ready to go all the holes drilled at different levels for the bars to raise and lower the height for cooking ,a square cut out on one side a toaster rack and another rack for the top.Used it last night excellent.
Cheers Neil

gazndaf

Post by gazndaf » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:43 pm

:confused: Wsa this guy named Bob with English/scottish wife Anne?

woodpecker

Post by woodpecker » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:49 pm

gazndaf wrote::confused: Wsa this guy named Bob with English/scottish wife Anne?
Not sure of that i know he said he travels for 9 mths of the year and has a white Nissan Patrol ute with a van.Cheers Neil

gazndaf

Post by gazndaf » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:17 am

It sounds like the same person. We too were very impressed with his choofer and were tempted to buy one off him, but I knew gaz would not be happy unless he made one himself. We met them at Menindee Lakes and again at a CP at Broken Hill. Poor Bob was lost at the caravan park where he couldn’t use his choofer. Very nice People. Gaz made us a choofer out of an old beer keg using many of Bobs ideas. Very happy with it. How’s yours going? We even added a wok to ours. We have only test run it in the back yard. Cannot wait to take it on the road. Happy choofering?????…….Daphne….

dieseltojo

Re:

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Shaggy Dog wrote:F’n’B,
How goes it.
I plan to follow up on your “Choofer”.
The wedding planned for this weekend will produce a Son in Law who has the many and various skills associated with glueing metallic objects together.
I have encouraged this union as I have need of a welder in the family and the “Choofer” will be a good first project for him to ingratiate himself with his new Father in Law.
I will let him get back off his honeymoon of course, and give him a short grace period before dropping the manufacture of the “Choofer” on him.
I intend to purchase a copy of the Mag , once located,so he has the necessary information to assist him with the project. I need to be as helpful as I can.
Take it easy.
SD
Will keep an eye out for the June [email=”C@M”]C@M[/email]
I don’t know about that bloke writing a choofer book SD, but you writing skills a not bad either. You post just cracked me up mate.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

paulmm

Post by paulmm » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:09 am

I’m looking to make a choofer…..just wondering if there are any updated ideas or plans from anyone.

Return to “Free-Camping Equipment”