Camps8 onto your Gps.

dieseltojo

Re: Camps8 onto your Gps.

Post by dieseltojo » Sat May 28, 2016 5:23 pm

TramcarTrev wrote:You should go into politics Squeaka you say everything twice, everything twice. I do agree with you that Wiki Camps is an equal and the only drawback to Wiki is that it wont work without a signal but its more convenient for me at least to use rather than having to thumb through a large book by a co pilot who has no idea of where we are let alone what route we are taking.....
I suppose everyone does things differently, but I do a trip plan at home and have preselected my free camps or van parks. As they are written down on one sheet of paper all I do now is say get near my destination type the town into my GPS and it comes up with how ever many free camps are in the given area. I look at the number on my sheet and touch that flag.
No need to get the book out at all and just head toward my camp.
My camps are chosen for the proposed tour sights or to just travel through. I have a large book called “Explore Australia”. It lists every town of interest and its attractions. This dictates how long I want to stay and see.
I do take the camps book and its companion, but I only ever peruse them after arrival or check the next day’s touring. I know the phone stuff is good but my system suites me, and I don’t need to plug in the book to a power point. In the far reaches It is not always possible to get reception either……just saying.
It was not that long ago that all we ever had was a map……But it sure is handy to know the whereabouts of all these camps. It’s a lifesaver.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Free-Camping Equipment”