W.A salt lakes

GHA

W.A salt lakes

Post by GHA » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:51 pm

These salt lakes can provide good free camping spots.

We have only stayed at,
Doodlakine

Baandee Lake

Located slightly east of Doodlakine along the Great Eastern Highway, Baandee is a popular ski lake in the area. The Inland Water Ski Club have created a pleasant picnic and BBQ area, with swimming and skiing possible for some months of the year. The Shire of Kellerberrin has provided ablutions and shower facilities.

We had a great 3 day break by the lake, did not see any no camping signs also you need your own power, toilets and showers on site but very basic.

go to link for more. http://www.wheatbelttourism.com/natural ... wheatbelt/

Also not mentioned is the ski lake at Narrembeen.

Good luck, happy travels.

Regards Ge.

dieseltojo

Re: W.A salt lakes

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Good info Ge. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Motherhen

Re: W.A salt lakes

Post by Motherhen » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:12 pm

There are also a number of lakes in the great southern region which have picnic areas and camping permitted, such as Lake Ewlyamartup near Katanning.

Through the wheatbelt there are some large granite rocks offering free camping; some unserviced and some with toilets (usually pit). Good ones include Elachbutting and Beringbooding Rocks.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “Free Camping - WA”