Girly Stuff - Talk to Marg (Caravan, Shopping, Knitting etc)

Rob & Marg
An old hand
Location: Oak Flats, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!

Re: Girly Stuff - Talk to Marg (Caravan, Shopping, Knitting

Post by Rob & Marg » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:35 am

Hello to you both.
It's been fairly full on at the home front after we returned from the big trip. Downsizing our house, a couple of new grand kids etc. etc.
Re the traveling - we have planned and booked for a trip in March down along the Murray & over to the Grampians. A little later in the year we hope to travel north for 2-3 months, maybe as far as Cooktown.
You can follow our travels by logging into our blog. Link is in the body of this post.

Thanks for you kind words as we did enjoy our time with everyone we met and followed us on the trip. We still come across people who recognise us from either the magazine or DVDs, despite just on 18 months away from that scene.

Do keep in touch.
Cheers
Marg & Rob
Rob & Marg
Mazda BT50 & Royal Flair
http://www.margandrobcaravanning.com

Ant@Shez
Avid poster

Post by Ant@Shez » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks Rob, Thanks marg. I enjoyed reading your reply. It means alot. Thanks for getting back so soon. Congrats on your new grand kids!
Yes I would love to still follow your trips away. You are both a mind full of information and being only 18 months into caravaning ourselves, we have learnt so much from you. We enjoyed every minute of your travels as if we were there with you and we have visited some places you went because you showed us things we didnt know were there. Your future planned trips sound great, we love the Grampians ourselves and have been there many times (staying in cabins because we didnt have our van yet). Have a great New year and safe travels to you both. Sheralee and Anthony

RJMoran
I'm new, be nice!

Post by RJMoran » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi Marg, just got this months mag, read your tip for greywater. Ihad been looking for a sealed nappy bucket, alas must be something in the past. So your idea of plastic collapsible bags is a lifesaver, can you please tell us where you sourced those. I need some for our 3rd trip to Tassie next February. Mind you Devonport will not allow you to use their low cost town camps without an actual fully self contained van, using separate sealed containers doesn't count as self contained. Cheers Rhonda and George. When we grow up we want to be grey nomads :D

ParamountCruiser
Avid poster

Post by ParamountCruiser » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply as Marg hasn't visited the forum since 18 July 2015 :o
Neil

Marg McAlister
Staff

Post by Marg McAlister » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:28 am

RJMoran wrote:Hi Marg, just got this months mag, read your tip for greywater. Ihad been looking for a sealed nappy bucket, alas must be something in the past. So your idea of plastic collapsible bags is a lifesaver, can you please tell us where you sourced those. I need some for our 3rd trip to Tassie next February. Mind you Devonport will not allow you to use their low cost town camps without an actual fully self contained van, using separate sealed containers doesn't count as self contained. Cheers Rhonda and George. When we grow up we want to be grey nomads :D
Hi Rhonda and George,

We bought our collapsible water containers at Aldi after seeing them in one of their catalogues. They will pop up from time to time at Aldi, but that's no good if you want to buy them before you head off in February!

If you Google 'collapsible water containers australia' you'll find a few links. Here's just one that I found... there are others, but some of the links weren't active.

http://www.graysonline.com/auctionprodu ... off-tap-bu

BTW, it's true that I don't log in to the forum much these days (you don't have to log in to browse).

Now, I mostly chat to people via email or via the Saturday Morning Check-In that I post every Saturday morning on the C&M Facebook page. However, Rob or the moderator usually let me know if I need to pop in to the forum... like this time!
Have a great trip to Tassie!
Marg McAlister
Travel Writer
Caravan & Motorhome on Tour

Motherhen
Cracked the big time

Post by Motherhen » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:41 pm

I carry one of those "just in case" but we have never needed it for grey water removal. Sold in most camping stores. I paid $5 for mine from Big W to use for fresh water when camping out. They will not pass the test in most "self contained only" campsites.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “Talk to Marg”