Bagel tape

dieseltojo

Re: Bagel tape

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:04 am

Just something to consider. I have had a lot to do with string line in my trade…..they all stretch. I don’t like to rely on a string line in this thing to be absolutely correct. I prefer a good steel tape.

To the enterprising members, if you do get one give us a report after 3 months use. I now if I bought one it will be a shelf sitter, as I just don’t use these items out in the field very often at all these days.

And I have at least 10 tapes in all sorts of locations and up to 100 metres….. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

nsgnomad

Post by nsgnomad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 am

dieseltojo wrote: If I put them onto my belt all at once my pants will fall down……Do they make a self tightening belt yet… :)
Any belt will do it.
If you eat more, your belt tightens automatically. :lol:

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 pm

He He,very true.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Lance

Post by Lance » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:13 pm

J.REEVES wrote:I like it but does it tell the time?

When accurately measuring the reference point on the tape body could be a bit difficult to line up especially to take the second measurement to make a cut.

JR
:razz:

the second measurement to make a cut

What’s this all about………. :???:
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

J.REEVES

Post by J.REEVES » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Lance,
Yes a bit vague!
Let’s say I had a wall frame and I needed to fit a wood brace between two studs. First I would measure the distance between the frame studs 400mm, then with that measurement I would get my bit of wood and take the “second measurement” and mark my wood at 400mm. Now that second measurement is simple with a tape just hook the end of the tape on the end of the wood and run it out to the measurement required and mark from the tape 400mm.

With the Bagel it looks like you would hook the string on the end of the wood to be cut and where do you stop. I expect when the display reads 400mm but what part of the Bagel is at 400mm for marking, at one of the four marks on the body or is it at the point the string is leaving the body, anyway with a tape you would be looking straight down on a precise 400mm’s.

JR
:razz:

Return to “Weights & Measures”