Tare Weight

masterplumber

Re: Tare Weight

Post by masterplumber » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:34 pm

J.REEVES wrote:Hi Gerry,
Yes slipper springs are about as cheap as it gets but fitting long leafs with proper greasable shackle plus shocks will make the van ride 100% better.

Not sure how heavy your van is but if it’s up around the two tonne mark you may find not only springs will need replacing but brakes will need to be 12”, bearing type will need upgrading so that means new axles and tyres and wheels may also need an upgrade and that’s provided the chassis is a big one. Also if 2 tonne you would need breakaway braking.

JR
:razz:
Yep JR just about all of the above except the brake drums that are 12″ and already have the breakaway.
Currently the axle is plates at 2000kg Nd ball weight of 176 so the ATM maxed out, on the New VINplate is 2176 and that should have given me a 384 kg pay load, which I could live with.
Trouble is that the TARE is understated by 90 to 100 kg.

Definately think that I have the plumber cold.

Any info on guine John Guest pipe would be helpful, even in a PM.

Regards
Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

J.REEVES

Re: Tare Weight

Post by J.REEVES » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:43 pm

I was sitting in a waiting room at the tyre place the other day and was reading one of those caravan mags, very well known one and seen an article on towing weights.

Anyway there was a graphical diagram on how all the different weights are defined like GVM, ATM and so on.
I thought some people may be interested in the picture if they don’t get the mag.

Gerry sorry I missed your comment about John Guess fittings but looks like OT has given you the good guts in the other post.
Towing Weight.jpg
JR
:razz:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Weights & Measures”