View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ball weight 

Post Ball weight
I have a Galaxy southern cross van and A friend lent me a set of scales to measures the ball weight
Now when i looked at my compliance plate and the ATM 1580 GTM 1460 so if I subtract the GTM from the ATM that makes 120 kg so that is my ball weight on waighing the van it came back at 158gkball weight

On checking on my tug being a 2009 ford Ranger the tow bar is rated 3000kg and the max ball weight is 250kg acording to the plate on the tow bar so can you tell me what ball weight do I go by what it is or what it should be or the truck ball weight OR JUST FORGET IT AND BE HAPPY IN MY IGNORANCE
Thanks in advance Barry :confused:

Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Post Re: Ball weight
ATM & GTM are manufacturers specified maximum weights (Cannot be weighed) and not actual weights.
However ball weight is an actual that can be weighed. Subtracting the GTM from the ATM does not give the vans ball weight.
The ball weight shown on the Galaxy Compliance Plate is (or should be) the actual ball weight of the van in it's TARE condition.
The actual measured ball weight of 158Kg or a little more is fine.
I trust you'll have many exciting adventures in the van.
Ozjohn. :D

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]