View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 GVM Issues 

Post GVM Issues
Evenin All

A common topic on this forum and others is the continuing issue of what people believe are unrealistically lowGVMs on many makes and models of vans on the road today.
Like many before me I grappled with this problem for a long time and whilst I made many attempts to find an engineer who was willing to look at my problem I had no success.
I have relocated from Sydney to the Mid North Coast of NSW and continued the task of finding someone who was willing to at least look at my problem.
I had some service work done on my van at a local dealer and happened to broach the subject with him and he advised me to make a call to a local R M S Certified engineer who he thought might be able to help.
I did this and after a few minor modifications I now have a more realistic "legal" GVM.
If any vanner is interested you will find him on the Pacific Hwy. at Nabiac NSW just before the turnoff for Forster.
His contact details are Ian Davis 02 65541166 he is an accredited RMS Certifier and is very helpful

Regards

Les A

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Post Re: GVM Issues
Hi Les.

I recently had a motor vehicle modification certified by an approved engineer. The inspection took ten minutes and included a fair bit of this time looking like he was using up time to make the $550 bill not look so expensive.
How much did your inspection cost?

Cheers CHONGA

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 am

I had mine done here in SA for $440 but that included all the paperwork and report for the rego people plus the metal plate to attach to the vehicle.

Had my caravan ATM upgraded and the same deal (from elsewhere) cost me $65 but that was probably a bit of 'mates rates' as I had a lot of work done by this guy over the years.

Member VKS737 - mobile 3535

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Chonga

This fellow was pretty thorough, I left the van overnight and it cost $440 with a very detailed report

Regards

Les A

Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]