Apple I Phone 7

Looking for information on certain Products? Here is the place!
dieseltojo

Apple I Phone 7

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:26 pm

This phone is a good one alright , but a lot of phones today are bought for the instant and accessible photos and video capability.
In fact it seems a lot of upgrades are centered on only a few things apart from battery life.

I like the photo video option.

Any way this mob does a take down of various equipment to see what makes them tick.

Cost of IPhone parts
https://www.dpreview.com/news/485202513 ... rial-cost/
Analyst firm Chipworks-TechInsight has published its iPhone 7 reverse engineering report, which includes some interesting cost and technology information for more engineering-minded photographers. The analysts estimate the total bill of materials for the iPhone 7 with 128GB of built-in memory to be $275. (Aud 360.65 ) $26,(AUD $34.11) or approximately 9.5%, of that total sum are spent on camera and imaging components. This includes the Sony-made Exmor RS image sensors and lenses in front and rear cameras and all processing hardware.
The most expensive component in the device, that retails in the US for $749, (AUD is $982.76) is Apple's A10 Fusion CPU at $40. The display and touchscreen add $37 to the cost. Given how advanced smartphone camera technology has become, it is surprising that it only represents a relatively small percentage of the total cost of a device (though Apple is famous for its high margins.)
We'd expect the dual-cam in the iPhone 7 Plus to be quite a bit more expensive than the single-lens version in the standard iPhone 7. However, Chipworks has to publish its report on the larger iPhone model. For now, you can download the iPhone 7 report on Chipworks website if you're happy to provide your contact information and email.
Source: Chipworks, Via: Image Sensors World

Then consider the Apple I phone 7 sells here for Aud $1200.00 and up.

Yep according to this in Australia the Photo Video components of an Apple I Phone 7 is $34.11 .

Sort of makes you think I better stick with my old 5 mega pixel Chinese thing.... :)

Unfortunately I also have to draw your attention to my new signature line to qualify my position on getting info off the internet. I am not going to fact check everything I quote from unknown sources.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Archer63

Re: Apple I Phone 7

Post by Archer63 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Really looking forward to getting my IPhone 7 plus to replace my Samsung S5 when our contract ends in December.
Why....because I want a better camera for pics and video, faster processor and a bigger screen. I have been more or less happy :( with my S5, apart from the fact that the things in camera editing can make a nice green seascape turn a cold blue which really annoys me ! So when it's time for a new phone contract....it's also time for an upgrade....sounds good to me.
Also good to know that the 7 is sort of semi waterproof or at least splash proof, which is a welcome feature.
Will make final decision when the time arrives....but would like to also compare the other new phone which is also getting a good report..think it's a google phone ?
Only downside that I can see from having a larger phone is that it won't fit in my shirt pocket :(
Live For Today

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:51 am

Apple to investigate iPhone 7 fire allegations... https://electronicsnews.com.au/apple-to ... legations/

and.... if you want decent pics get a proper camera :rolleyes:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:42 pm

[quote= and.... if you want decent pics get a proper camera :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yes OT...theoretically correct....but that means doubling up and carrying a phone....AND a camera.
Too much hassle if your lazy like me :D
Live For Today

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:59 pm

That Apple phone probably burnt cos some fool typed Samsung into it.....probably went up in sympathy. :)

I reckon in the business world a phone is indispensable. Instant document pics. meter pics. etc

I take pics of switch wiring so as not to bugger them up reassembling.

And they are getting dark proofed as well.Getting some amazing low light shots from the good phones.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:29 pm

[quote="dieseltojo"]That Apple phone probably burnt cos some fool typed Samsung into it.....probably went up in sympathy. :)

DT,
Is that another of your rumours from the internet? :lol:
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

GerryP

Post by GerryP » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:12 pm

From all the independent reviews I have read, the Samsung S7 has the best camera compared to both the Apple and the new Google Pixel. The other advantage of the Samsung is that it has an SD expansion slot whereas the other two do not.

One of the reasons the Samsung S6 didn't sell as well as expected was because they deleted the card slot. They very wisely brought it back with the S7.
Cheers, Gerry
2017 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
2012 Traveller Sensation Pinnacle 21'
Member VKS737 - mobile 3535

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:34 pm

I reckon the advantage of the apple is that it is on the market. :)
Incidentally I think they both use the same Sony cam parts.
At least this model.
https://www.dpreview.com/news/273291650 ... smartphone
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:44 pm

It is a bit hard to say. You type in Samsung and it comes up with the Apple product... :)
1929 Pop Top

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Yep it might burn but as a camera phone the Samsung took better pics. This is a really good pic comparison in this test. I like the way the sliding pic comparison is done.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iP ... on_id85823
1929 Pop Top

Return to “Product Info sought”