The cheapest LPG I have seen for years.

Looking for information on certain Products? Here is the place!
dieseltojo

The cheapest LPG I have seen for years.

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:56 pm

This is a convenience store in Halton Road, Dandenong North, Vic.
I was just in the area as my brother lives that way and saw the sign. I bet the owner is kept busy. :)

And this is not your Bunnings "We put less in to save you" refill either. The bottle is full when it blows.

I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

TramcarTrev

Re: The cheapest LPG I have seen for years.

Post by TramcarTrev » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:54 pm

And they will still be making money.... Jus shows you how much we are normally ripped off....
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:08 pm

I don't think he is making a fortune .I worked it out that a 17 litre fill at a servo based on 55 cents /litre is around $ 9.35. Say $9.00.
So if we are talking Butane at $4.00 profit and the time to do it, it is not the be all end all.
But if he adds it into the over all profit and can do refills in spare time it is all a help.

Another battler that is trying to get ahead.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top

Jay&dee

Post by Jay&dee » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Wow!!! That is a very good deal.
I just had a refill at BCF Albury at a cost of $22.
I have paid up to $36 in the outback for a 9kg refill.
But it is a necessary item for us Grey Nomads.
Jay&Dee

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:39 am

Yep I was in a NSW town getting fuel and the exchange bottle was $38.00, went to the next town and Bunnings did it for around $22.00.
I mean if you have just changed over and are traveling you know you have plenty of time. But in some places you are captive.
1929 Pop Top

J.REEVES

Post by J.REEVES » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:06 am

While we a talking gas I have a question on the change over valve on the gas bottles.
When the valve is in the mid position should it isolate gas from both bottles or is it only when one bottle is selected the other is isolated?

I would have thought the mid position should have both bottles turned off but does it?
These change over valves a not exactly a quality item as I have seen one lose its selection handle and one become very notchey when changing over, like there was something inside loose or an ‘O’ ring had dislodged.

Yes up at Williamtown near Newcastle a garage was selling gas at that cheap price but now has increased the price but still below $22.00.

JR
:razz:

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:55 am

On or first trip around WA in 2006 we paid up to $40 one place was $50 buy I waited till we got to $40
ATM we're paying $22 here as well
That's a bargain

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:56 am

G'day JR,

I've never been sure what those taps do. I regard them only as 2 position.

I wonder how you may use a centre off?

I have so little faith in those bottle selector taps that I only ever open the bottle valve on the bottle in use. Also sometimes on shorter trips I only fit one 9 kg bottle to save weight on my tow-ball and I always fit a blanking plug to the end of the unused flexible hose.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:28 am

In 2008, when we were on our third run around the block, the dearest we paid for gas was at Karratha, about 10 kms from where they bring it ashore from the gas fields and liquefy it; $33 for 9 kg.
The best deal was at Katherine Mitre 10; they weigh the bottle before and after the refill and charge accordingly. I don't remember the cost but I do remember that the bottle wasn't empty.
As I only have one bottle, I carry a set of fish scales and weigh it when I think I'm getting low.
It is still an economical way of cooking and running the fridge, though.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:36 am

J.REEVES wrote:While we a talking gas I have a question on the change over valve on the gas bottles.
When the valve is in the mid position should it isolate gas from both bottles or is it only when one bottle is selected the other is isolated?

JR
:razz:
Hi JR A Good question alright, and I have never tried to find out if a central posi is a total off position. Mine is always pointed to the full bottle and when it is empty a red circle is showing. Then I flip it over to the other side.
It is not meant to be used in the central position on mine I think, as it is only an indicator of which bottle is in use .
the actual change over is automatically done by the regulator.
I mean if you disregard the red warning you will simply empty both bottles. Yet if you flick the indicator to the new bottle , the empty can be simply undone and nothing is effected in the full side.

If I was any sort of an interested plumber I would do some tests....... :)
1929 Pop Top

Return to “Product Info sought”