Friction Sway Control

Looking for information on certain Products? Here is the place!
Sean

Re: Friction Sway Control

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Yeah sorry mate, I was meaining when I'm in the truck and overtaking caravans

inca222

Post by inca222 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi Muzz .I must agree with Loub. The HR dual cam sway control is excellent. It is old technology but very effective. I have seen the bits and pieces needed for the conversion of the WDH advertised in the For Sale ads in other forums..sometimes as give aways.Be worth your while to check around.

smurf

Post by smurf » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Dual cam friction control is fine, has been used in europe for decades and has been mandatory as long as i can remember. 40 years plus. Are you not cutting it fine pulling 2.8 ton with a BT50

muzz_on_line

Post by muzz_on_line » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Max tow braked is 3.5 tonne.

HUddy2006

Post by HUddy2006 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:12 am

Hi Muzz,
I had the same issue as you with our van. It put the wind up me a few times (so to speak). I searched for a product which would prevent the sway rather than correcting it when it started and I decided to go with the friction sway control and it fixed the issue for me. We have done about 15000k with it on now and can tell you that the difference in stability is very noticeable. When driving into a cross wind I dont seem to be fighting with the steering as much and certainly the large trucks coming up behind me don't bother me as much either.
I did look at the Andersen sway control wdh set up but couldn't work out how it actually stopped sway so didn't go with that. In any event I'm more than happy with the $180 friction sway control.

Cheers

muzz_on_line

Post by muzz_on_line » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Since upgrading the rear suspension of my tug, I have now towed another 7,000 klm's and don't have the concerns anymore from these big rigs passing me. Yes I still get a bit of movement as they pass but it is so little that I don't even brace for it anymore.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me.

Regards and safe travels

Muzz

Return to “Product Info sought”