USA - AGM Batteries going chinese!

Looking for information on certain Products? Here is the place!
Elsewhere

Re: USA - AGM Batteries going chinese!

Post by Elsewhere » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 am

I bought the the Gel-Tech batteries online from Batteries Direct. Not the cheapest battery, but value for money.

Cheers,
Greg
Elsewhere

smurf

Post by smurf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Use 2x120Ah Fullriver batteries. Installed early 2008, 265W of solarpanel. Still perfect.Morningstar regulator.Fridge runs 24/7. When in storage it is hooked up to solarpanels on the shed roof.
Never charged up with 240v and the lead on the drawbar is still coiled up never put a plug on it.
There are some dodgy chinese batteries, buyer beware. I can not justify the cost of an american battery.
Just look after your batteries and keep connections clean and tight, don't discharge your batteries too far.As far as century is concerned I had the same problem, after 2 1/2 yrs one cell failed.The system has never run out of juice to date.

smurf

Post by smurf » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:34 pm

looked at my old post how time flies.Yes the same batteries are still in the van and everything is still functioning perfectly. Note shallow discharge is the key to long battery life. the lowest I have recorded was 12.3v in the morning.

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:54 am

I had power sonic Chinese batteries in the old van for 6 years before selling the van and they were still good

Have the same in this van since I've had it, one was faulty and replaced, 3 years now no problems

Power sonic from 4WD extreme eBay store delivered free, I paid $420 for both but dearer now

inca222

Post by inca222 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:57 pm

I am sure the that Trojan and US are still made in the states. I have used both brands in my golf cart. usually get 7 years out of a set used two to three times a week.

Return to “Product Info sought”