View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GPS TRACKERS 

Post Re: GPS TRACKERS
Would be a good thing to put in the van somewhere. If it got tealeaved you could put the boys in blue on to it. How much do the trackers cost ? Loub :razz:

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 am

Loub for around $50 there are heaps on Ebay, make sure you get one with a hard wired 12v charger, some of the cheaper ones don't.

I went with a Aussie seller for the technical support, the seller was snowbeans but I have had the unit too long for him to be in my history.

I remember a feature of his add was that his unit came with a free Amaysim phone card but I went with Aldi.

There are different features with the units and one that will set off a alarm on command may help to find the van should the worst happen.

The unit will need phone and GSP signal, the phone will work inside the van but the GPS may struggle.

This is similar to the unit I have but this is not the seller I purchased from.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GPS-Tracker- ... 35d6a053e1

You friends and family can keep track of you when you are on the road.

I know of two motorcyclists recently that disappeared and were weeks later found dead by their bikes, a tracker would have made them a easy find.

When the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road"

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:23 pm

dieseltojo wrote:
A Beezer Bantam swinging arm at 16 years of age,

My dad owned most of what you had on your list but I think the Bantam was a favourite.

He was in a cop shop one day when a rider came in to tell the police that he had given up on his bike, he had dumped it on the side of the road, every time it got hot the motor would stop and would not start until it cooled, the cops told him he could not just dump it.

My dad piped up and said he would buy it if the price was right, my dad had two shillings in his pocket so that was the purchase price.

It turned out the exhaust was so full of crud that it blocked off when it got hot.

Dad cleaned the exhaust at a local radiator repair place and kept the bike for about 3 years then selling it for much more than he payed.

What I wouldn't give to have that bike today.

When the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road"

Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:35 pm

I got mine from a guy called Kozuri on ebay. it has the wiring so it can be permanently attached to your battery.

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
2014 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 3ltr TD
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009 with slideout

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:09 pm

In the news today is an announcement that Telstra is closing the 2G in 2016.
Most GPS trackers use the 2G network , so if your getting one make sure it's 3G comparable

Ron

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:11 pm

noggins wrote:
so if your getting one make sure it's 3G comparable

Is not 3G backward compatible with 2G devices? The 2G network has so very little coverage and the trackers would have very little value if there is no backwards compatibility.

Go to - http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones ... -coverage/ - and check the coverage. Down the RHS you will see a radio button to select the 2G network. To get the best view on my monitor I select the high contrast and pull the transparency slider to the right.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2