View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Tyres 

Post Tyres
I am looking at changing the tyres on our T/D Landcruiser, we tow a 20ft Tandem Axel Inspiration and i was looking at Cooper tyres the new AT3's however i was surprised at the retail prices of $430 upwards fitted!!! does anyone run Coopers and are they happy with the performance in particular i read on the 4X4 forums that a lot of people have troubles with punctures :shock: , i have been quoted $310 for the General Grabber AT2 which i have read many good reports on!!! does anyone have any experiences with the General Grabbers
Cheers Chris

Mon May 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Post Re: Tyres
We did a trip across the Simpson a couple of years back. Six cars in the convoy. Two had coopers AT2's They both had mutable punctures. I have had Dick Cepek FCII, Yokohama Geolander, and BF Goodrich A/Ts. Had goof performance and millage from all of them. The best were the Dick Cepek although they were noisy on the road.
Also the warranty for the Coopers is a bit hard to comply with. There are a lot of conditions in the fine print.
Sid

Mon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi Sid, thanks for your reply, i to believe the warranty on Cooper Tyres is very difficult to rely on and the cost difference between them and the generals i have been quoted on is $130 per tyre different, that times four equates to getting me a fair way across the Nullabour in fuel costs!! i have also heard of the coopers being susceptible to punctures, so i am hoping that other forum members may have some experience with the General Grabber AT2's,
thanks again :)

Mon May 12, 2014 6:26 pm

We have just come back from 4 weeks away, which included thee Birdsville Track, Oodnadatta Track, Mt Dare, and Simpson Desert.

We ran approx. 1/2 worn BF Goodrich ATs, one puncture on the road down from Maree to Port Augusta, on the bitumen, and nothing else the whole trip. We didn't tow, but were heavily laden. The rears did cop a hiding, with chips and chunks out of them. I replaced the rears in Adelaide, and swapped them to the front. The rears now on there need replacing now. One huge chunk, approx. 2 inches by 1 inch out of the edge of the tread, down to the cords, but still up and running.

I will be running the BFGs again, I am very happy with them, and would rather stick with something I am happy with, instead of experimenting and buying crap tyres and having to live with them till they wear out. This will be about my 4th set of BFGs over 2 4wds.

Mon May 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Summit Mud Hogs

Plenty running these now as i do as a day driver Tyre and off road in all conditions.

I purchased for $200 each but they are hard to find.

Just Google plenty of info around.

Attachments:
download.jpg
download.jpg [ 8.06 KiB | Viewed 616 times ]
Mon May 12, 2014 7:28 pm

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/sho ... hp?t=29719

I have never heard of these tyres, but here is a review.

Hans

Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 pm

A'van wrote:
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=29719

I have never heard of these tyres, but here is a review.

Hans

I love the Mud Hogs there is also talk on the Myswag forum as well from guys that have been using them for 50,000 ks i think.

They are imported into Australia and they are not usually found at your major Tyre dealers they are found at more like independent dealers.Some major places will get them for you but charge crazy shipping fees ontop .

Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 pm

hi we are runnung 265/75/16,s on our troopy , fully loaded and towing a 3 ton van we have
hercules terra trac ,good all round tyre quiet and wearing well , now got 45,ooo up and still look nearly new ,, well worth a look , good load rate and usa made
8-)

Mon May 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Would not touch Coopers tyres when you can get better tyres and cheaper. Try Toyo Open country, Faulkner Wild Peak ,Geolander, Bf Goodridge. All good gear ,the Toyos I find are good wearing tyres when towing. I am using Wild peak at the moment as I could not get Toyos when I brought the BT 50 and did a tyre change on the new tug at pick up . Yours Loub :razz:

Tue May 13, 2014 7:26 am

Lots of info about tyers on the Land Crusiers Owners On line forum...http://www.lcool.org/about.html

2013 Landcruiser 200 VX; Coromal lifestyle 635

Tue May 13, 2014 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next