View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 24 volt v 12 volt solar advice pls 

Post Re: 24 volt v 12 volt solar advice pls
jessdogster wrote:
There doesn't seem to be the forum depth that there once was to answer these specific sort of questions.
G'day JD,

Despite my extensive experience in electronics I have no practical experience with RV solar panels - hence my complete absence from these topics. I recently had solar fitted to our house but not learned anything useful in terms of questions here.

What was the old forum depth on solar? I can't think of many older contributors. Certainly PeterD's advice is usually technically excellent. JR also chips in with very useful practical experience. If I've missed any other obvious people please both remind and forgive me :oops:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:54 am

G'day JD,
The forum depth may have thinned a bit but I am sure there are people who can answer your questions but are like me and just do not get enough time to log in and participate as often as would like to.
That being said, I just typed up a page and a half of stuff for you directly into the forums reply (which I never normally do, use Word first) and lost the bloody lot when I clicked on the wrong close browser page button. OH BUGGA!

So you will just have to wait for me to do it again. Hope you are not in a hurry to buy as I may be able to help.
Cheers,
ALLAN

Paulownia Cabinetry, All 12 volt & Self Sufficient
When its finished WE retire.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:17 pm

i gave you all the answers! sheesh how much more info do you need? :rolleyes:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Augy & Kat, You gave no real answers, just links to equipment. The OP did not look for specific equipment, he wanted some answers to his questions.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks guys
Yep not ready to buy yet and have some time up my sleeve.
Thanks A&K - I know where to get them from and appreciate your help and posts but am undertaking some planning for a new van and fittings. I'd like to be able to provide clear direction to a dealer as to my want based upon the (best) advice I receive here.
OT - haven't heard from Dunarunna for a while but Allan you sound like you might be on track and I look forward to your (re :shock: )post when you get a chance. 8-)
We'll get there I'm sure :mrgreen:
regards
Jdog

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:30 pm

jessdogster wrote:
OT - haven't heard from Dunarunna for a while..
Logging says he was here yesterday... so he's still vertical :)

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:27 pm

question :I've heard that 24volt solar panels are considered to be a better performer (better in lower light levels) then 12 volt panels. Is anyone aware of any truth to this claim or can advise further?

answer=for a van 12v is the only way to go! don't bother chasing 24v (for solar array only )

question : So which is better (more efficient) for caravan application - monocrystalline or photovoltaic - or doesn't it matter?
answer=it doesn't matter is the short answer. requested to keep it simple so there you have it :lol:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Bussy wrote:
G'day JD,
The forum depth may have thinned a bit but I am sure there are people who can answer your questions but are like me and just do not get enough time to log in and participate as often as would like to.
That being said, I just typed up a page and a half of stuff for you directly into the forums reply (which I never normally do, use Word first) and lost the bloody lot when I clicked on the wrong close browser page button. OH BUGGA!

So you will just have to wait for me to do it again. Hope you are not in a hurry to buy as I may be able to help.
Cheers,
ALLAN

Hi Allan,
Large answers are best to do in word, and copy and paste into the answer box. Word also has a better spell check.
Now if only I could follow my own advice...... :)

Sorry but if you can't give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Bussy wrote:
ALLAN

If you are using Firefox then install the Addon Lazarus. Lazarus keeps track of what you type and stores if for a week or two. When something like your mishap occurs you right click in the reply pane and past the original message. I seem to need it frequently.

If you are not using FF with Lazarus then you really should be.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Bussy wrote:
ALLAN

If you are using Firefox then install the Addon Lazarus. Lazarus keeps track of what you type and stores if for a week or two. When something like your mishap occurs you right click in the reply pane and past the original message. I seem to need it frequently.

If you are not using FF with Lazarus then you really should be.

All of the above was produced with just a couple of clicks to copy from Lazarus.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next