View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hot Water Systems?? 

Post Re: Hot Water Systems??
After having just replaced the Anode in our suburban HWS, and having seen the gunk that the household hose was able to flush out, I for one will never use the water in the HWS to make a cuppa.
Mind you our anode was virtually non existent. Had the van for 12 months so not sure re the previous owner S.O.P.
Jay&Dee

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:37 pm

We changed our anode when we bought our van November 2012 & have since used another 2 anodes...bloody annoying... & that's with our water being double filtered before entering the van. We are hooked up to town water as well. We discovered our HWS has been leaking resulting in wet floors under the Lino...all ripped up now & dried out with new vinyl planks been laid. The good ol suburban is not going back in ( 5yo) . We have purchased an "endless" hot water system (comparable in price to the suburban ) & it's getting fitted on Tuesday. I will let you all know how it goes etc & I will follow this post with interest to see if any one else has one & feedback??
Cheers
Tracey

Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi Tracey,
I will be interested to here how the new hot water system goes. I will have to, at some stage, let SWMBO know, of this system as she quite sucessfully runs it out all the time!!!!!!!
Paul

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:24 pm

When Free camping we recycle the shower cold water prior to it getting in a container and place back in the tank. Likewise we fill a small container with cold water when wanting HW at the kitchen or vanity.
Amazing how much water one saves.
Jay&Dee

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:21 am

Been using the endless hot water system now for a few months & its great. Happy that we don't have to keep replacing the anodes on the old suburban. We don't run out of hot water, unlike the brother in law who gets his & wifes showers & that's it.
:)
Tracey

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2